The Boat Mechanic performs a compilation of duties and responsibilities which includes the roles of: fiberglasser level 2, marine mechanic level 2, upholsterer, principal maintenance and welder level 2. The Boat Mechanic is flexible, willing to help out wherever needed, comfortable working outside in extreme heat conditions and committed to delivering the highest quality of work possible.
Willing to Train!
• Ensure cleanliness and pleasant atmosphere of dock and work area at all times
• Perform repairs and maintenance on boats, buildings, docks, engines, electrical etc…
• Perform plumbing, counter top replacements, paneling, carpentry, painting, plumbing, carpeting, and electrical
• Troubleshoot and repair major components
• Perform oil changes, rigging and operate boats and equipment
• Construct upholstery and canvas related products. Construct patterns, cut materials, estimate job costs, operate sewing machines. Install finished product. Perform inventory control, minor equipment repair and handle customer relations
• Repair and repaint defects in fiberglass boat hulls, decks and cabins, using hand and power tools. Select and prepare materials for fiberglass repair, painting and recoating. Mix resin with catalyst for temperature ranges, ensure proper lay up for optimum strength, repair, match gel coat and paint
• Perform welding repairs on multiple metals such as stainless steel, aluminum and mild steel. Welds must pass pressure test
• Assist with construction projects when needed
• Trade Position 2 employees must fully utilize all safety equipment, ensuring proper lifting, bending and carrying techniques are adhered to
• Understand all machinery, equipment and chemicals used
• Be aware of MSDS sheets and books and read and use this information when necessary.
• Strong English communication skills are required
• Must be over 18 years of age
• Must be willing to participate in the random drug/alcohol testing pool
• Must have a valid US Driver's License and pass a Motor Vehicle Record history check (MVR)
Rooted in service and united by our purpose, we strive to do great things for each other, our partners, our communities, and our planet.
At Aramark, we believe that every employee should enjoy equal employment opportunity and be free to participate in all aspects of the company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by applicable law.
The people of Aramark proudly serve millions of guests every day through food, facilities, and uniform services in 19 countries around the world. Rooted in service and united by our purpose, we strive to do great things for each other, our partners, our communities, and our planet. We believe a career should develop your talents, fuel your passions, and empower your professional growth. So, no matter what you're pursuing - a new challenge, a sense of belonging, or just a great place to work - our focus is helping you reach your full potential. Learn more about working here at http://www.aramarkcareers.com or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.