Do you want a chance market cutting-edge products for exceptional outdoor brands? Do you have a passion for the outdoors and enjoy backcountry hiking and camping? Would you like the opportunity to work with an outstanding group of people who share those interests?
Come join our team in Racine, WI!
At Johnson Outdoors, home to the Eureka® and Jetboil® brands, we want people to get out and experience the great outdoors and our awesome gear - crafted for adventurers, by adventurers – creates amazing outdoor experiences from launch to landing. What goes into a company that makes some of the best outdoor equipment in the industry? It’s simple: our people, an enduring passion for innovation that delights our customers, and love for the get-out-there lifestyle. It’s at the core of who we are as a brand along with our strong belief in teamwork, respect, fun, and community.
Learn more about our amazing Camping brands on www.eurekacamping.com, and www.jetboil.com, or find us on YouTube, Instagram and Facebook!
Based in beautiful and affordable Racine, Wisconsin, at our Headquarters on the shore of Lake Michigan, you’ll have incredible access to a variety of outdoor activities whether skiing and snowmobiling in winter, or kayaking, fishing, sailing, fishing, hiking or more in summer. Close to both Milwaukee and Chicago, the area boasts a wide variety of amenities including a vibrant arts and culture scene and a host of unique, creative dining options.
As our Associate Brand Manager in our Camping business, you will support Johnson Outdoors objectives through executing marketing plans and campaigns, and collaborating with internal teams on communications, advertising, public relations, digital, social media, product packaging, and promotional and POP marketing materials.
If you’re driven, smart, someone who figures things out, this is a fantastic opportunity to advance your career in Marketing! If you also love the challenge of working both independently and collaboratively with different levels of employees and business partners, and if you want to support a business in bringing innovative, versatile and industry-leading products to market, then you might just have what it takes to join the Johnson Outdoors family!
Get in touch with us today!
What you will do:
- Under the guidance of a brand manager, provide input into the development of brand and marketing strategy. Execute brand initiatives to grow brand equity and brand identity in the market to enhance the consumer experience and loyalty.
- Manage and perform marketing insights/analytics, which includes the following: consumer insights, competitive analysis, market/penetration opportunities, market best practice, shopper and purchase path analysis, sales trends, potential implications and product range gaps. Lead projects and work plans using internal and external resources. Regularly report to marketing team on product sales performance and competitor activities including new products and unique marketing activities.
- Strengthen brand equity by executing comprehensive and fully integrated marketing programs that address targeted consumer segment needs.
- Collaborate, inform and execute the marketing communication strategy and plan which includes but is not limited to marketing campaigns, graphics, photography, print/TV, advertising, video, packaging, point-of-sale, product catalogs, social media, digital, CRM/DDM and public relations.
- Evaluate brand and marketing strategy ROI and effectiveness using KPI (key performance Indicator) analysis, metric targets, reporting, testing and tracking, dashboards and related key reporting.
- Collaborate with sales teams on the planning and implementing of sales programs and activities as necessary to support the sales team, develop sales tools, and attend major shows/customer presentations and present new products.
- Serve on a cross-functional team consisting of product development, engineering/R&D, sales and operations to create innovation strategies and briefs, platforms and new product segments based on consumer insight and market research.
- Perform initial business case development and alignment to demand space. Manage product packaging, design and communication briefs. Collaborate with Brand Manager to develop consumer positioning.
What you need to succeed:
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, business administration or equivalent job experience.
- Typically requires a minimum of 3 years of experience in brand and marketing, which includes developing effective and supportive marketing plans based on consumer needs.
- Must have 2-3 years of consumer research/insights experience including direct experience managing a third party research partner.
- Knowledge, skills and experience in branding, marketing strategy development, traditional and digital marketing, social media, sponsorship management and promotion, consumer behavior strategies, consumer segmentation and consumer intimacy and promotional analysis.
- Knowledge and skills in effectively assisting with the execution of marketing campaigns and tactics, marketing communications, positioning products, packaging products and managing a marketing budget.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to collaborate effectively with cross functional internal teams and external vendors.
- Knowledge of brand and business management basics, product positioning and packaging.
A few pointers about our culture:
- Entrepreneurial spirit and innovation are in our bones! We authentically innovate trusted equipment that gets people out there.
- We are laser-focused on our consumers, and passionate about inspiring people to actively engage with the amazing awe of the outdoors again and again.
- We strive to create meaningful, healthy change in the world as individuals and as a family of brands.
- We value team members who are willing to wear many hats; who take personal initiative, anticipating what needs to be done, and figuring things out to make them happen; but who are also willing to ask help, to assist others and work together.
What you will receive:
- Share in the company’s success with competitive base salary with additional earning potential through participation in the annual discretionary cash profit sharing program, eligibility for annual pay increases, and employee stock purchase plans.
- Find work/life balance with generous Paid Time Off and holiday benefits, a full benefits package, and broad range of employee support and fitness and wellness plans.
- Further your career with performance development and training opportunities, including our tuition assistance program.
- Have fun at work, enjoying a collaborative and casual work environment, participating in fun company events, and taking advantage of great employee discounts on all of our outdoor recreational products.
- Plan for your future with our 401(k) with company match and deferred retirement contributions, Sons & Daughters Scholarship program, college savings program, life and LTD insurance, employee stock purchase plan, and more.