The IGFA Events Coordinator is a key contributor to the fundraising activities of the organization. This position is responsible for day-to-day administration of a variety of development activities including assisting with major events like the IGFA International Auction, the annual IGFA Fishing Hall of Fame Ceremony and several other large and small events.
Supervisor: Development Director
Description of Responsibilities:
- Events (40%)
- Organize, manage and implement IGFA Premier fundraising events.
- IGFA International Auction
- IGFA Fishing Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
- IGFA Tommy Gifford Awards Ceremony
- IGFA Annual Awards Ceremony
- Annual Online Auction
- Assist IGFA Tournaments
- Online Auctions
- Responsible for maintaining all fundraising and mailing lists for special event invitations, thank you letters, donors, certificates etc.
- Administration (40%)
- Maintain event websites, registration processes and data entry.
- Manage reports that pertain to events.
- Attend communication meetings and coordinate communications around events.
- Donor Relations (20%)
- Assist Development Department with coordination of donor parties and cultivation events.
Bachelor’s degree in business administration, communications, marketing or a related field
Experience and Skills:
- Experience in planning and executing special events (nonprofit experience a plus)
- Well-developed quantitative, written communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to take initiative/work independently
- Proficiency with MS Office and database management (experience with Raiser’s Edge or similar preferred)
- Experience with executing contracts with vendors (A/V, Entertainment, Hotels etc.)
- Based in Broward County
- Ability to work evenings and weekends when necessary
- Ability to travel outside of South Florida when necessary
- Ability to lift 20lbs
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Strong interest in IGFA mission and knowledge of fishing and aquatic environments preferred
(The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.)
About International Game Fish Association
The IGFA is a nonprofit organization committed to the conservation of game fish and the promotion of responsible, ethical angling practices, through science, education, rule making, record keeping and recognition of outstanding accomplishments in the field of angling.