Rather Outdoors is a family of industry-leading brands with a common purpose, protecting and nurturing the legendary outdoor brands we grew up with. We are focused on fishing and spending life outdoors while providing outdoor enthusiasts with the right gear for every step of their journey. We’re proud to work with co-workers who share our passions and values, and work as a family to make our mission a success.
• Cross-functional department communication & collaboration.
• Responsible for creating content to deliver a compelling and engaging brand experience.
• Leverage website analytics (Google Analytics) to understand content performance and customer interaction to help identify opportunities and wins.
• Consistently look for opportunity to improve product display pages on our sites through enhanced product content.
• Participates in the alignment of product photography, copy strategies, and digital marketing need to support eCommerce.
• Works with the Marketing team to ensure products and initiatives are supported on the D2C websites.
• Collaborate with the broader eCommerce team to gain synergies with other merchandising requirements.
• Works closely with D2C Marketing Manager to ensure content supports SEO strategy.
• Stays current with eCommerce, market, and industry trends.
• Performs other website tasks as needed.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent job experience preferred.
• Ability to work independently, demonstrate resourcefulness, and accountability.
• Outstanding attention to detail.
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-changing environment.
• Strong computer skills, ability to quickly learn how to navigate various software programs.
• Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Must possess interpersonal and facilitation skills.
• Strong Microsoft Office and Windows based computer applications skills.
• Fishing or Outdoor Industry experience preferred.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the position. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with, or without notice.
Rather Outdoors is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). This means that we do not discriminate based on race, creed, color, national origin, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, or other classification protected under applicable law.
Our story — like just about all of our favorite stories — starts on the water.
Most of us grew up as anglers, raised by anglers. From the very beginning we knew the names. When we were finally tall enough to use the rods our parents “lent” us, they said Lew’s on the side. The tackle came in bright yellow boxes with the old Strike King logo that looked a little bit like a keyhole. When other kids put posters of Camaros and space shuttles on their walls, we had boats, rods, reels, and fish.
At first, we connected with brands and with experiences. When we got a little older and started buying our own equipment, we found a home in the industry itself. From the shop that sold us our first rod to the pros that showed us how it’s done, the fishing business is never “just business.” It’s a community, a culture, and a family.
We’ve been blessed with the opportunity to dedicate our careers to protecting and nurturing the legendary brands we grew up with.
We believe that everyone should be able to experience nature the way we do — with the right equipment, made with passion and sold with truth.
Our mission is to protect and respect the world’s greatest outdoor brands.
And it’s our privilege to pass them on to future generations stronger than when we found them.
With a decades-long legacy in angling as our cornerstone, we will carve out an enduring future for the legendary brands in our family.
And in so doing, we'll create a legend of our own that can stand alongside them.