At Catch Co., we are on a mission to rescue people from the indoors. As Jr Copywriter, you will help lead the charge in telling our story. Creativity is a must in order to produce polished, on-brand text across all of our print and digital touchpoints. The ideal Jr Copywriter knows the rules, but is willing to break them or go around them, in order to create dynamic and actionable copy that reflects our brand voice. They are also a skilled project manager with previous experience working under tight deadlines and balancing multiple priorities.
What you will do:
- Action: The majority of your time will be spent on our ecommerce site (shopkarls.com), crafting compelling, story-driven, sales copy for product pages. You will also be involved in creation of info-rich landing pages for our products and marketing campaigns.
- Collaboration: You will work closely with our Sr Copywriter and teams of creative thinkers, developers, data / marketing specialists, and product designers to understand and develop the relevant message and brand voice for each project.
- Time management: The position requires scheduling projects with critical stakeholders that effectively meet project needs.
- Strategic thinking. You have the ability to use creative direction and technical information as a guide for your persuasive copy concepts. You will analyze data and stakeholder feedback and incorporate the findings in your writing.
- Multitasking. You will need to keep projects and tasks on schedule, often under tight deadlines.
What experience you need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Creative Writing / Journalism, or 1-2 years equivalent experience in Communications, Marketing or Content Creation. Non-professional experience in writing (screenwriting, playwriting, stand-up comedy, novels, short stories, etc.) will also be considered.
- Exceptional skill in creative writing and the ability to spin a compelling story
- Ability to craft product descriptions that go outside the box and pull viewers in
- Experience producing copy for print and digital media channels
- Experience with SEO concepts and social media marketing
- Proficiency with applicable software: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint), Google Docs, Sheets, Drive, Gmail, Trello, Wordpress
- Outstanding communication skills and ability to incorporate stakeholder feedback
- A sense of humor!
Would be nice to have, but not required:
- Experience from an eCommerce brand is a plus
- Experience in the outdoor industry is a plus
- Experience in fishing is a plus
- Experience in User Experience (UX) is a plus
What will make you successful:
- Strong attention to detail: You believe the difference between good work and great work is in the details.
- Excellent communication skills: You're a skilled written and verbal communicator who can collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Creativity and Innovation: You're comfortable being uncomfortable and willing to think outside the box.
- Openness to Criticism and Ideas: This is a creative position, and as such, critiques are critical to growth.
- Resourcefulness: You're open to learning new skills to meet our ever-growing brand strategies.
- Initiative: You're growth oriented and excited to explore new opportunities.
What is Catch Co?
At Catch Co, our purpose is to rescue people from the indoors by connecting them with America’s top outdoor sport: fishing. More than 50 million Americans fish every year and Catch Co is the industry leader in creating products, content, and experiences that modern anglers love. Most importantly, we aim to be the industry’s most data-driven and customer-centric company.
We are building 3 unique businesses to deliver on that mission:
- Mystery Tackle Box - Founded in 2012, MTB is the most popular fishing subscription service in the world, with over 5 million boxes shipped (and counting!).
- Karl’s Bait and Tackle - Launched in 2018, Karl’s is a unique and exciting ecommerce experience that brings the local tackle shop to the Internet.
- Catch Co. fishing products - Catch Co also designs and develops some of fishing’s most popular and innovative brands and products, sold online and in retail throughout the world.
To support these businesses, we have built a best-in-class foundation of creativity, technology, data, and a fun and supportive culture. We have also built durable partnerships with some of the industry’s most impactful content creators, influencers, product designers, and more.
As we execute against our mission, our team members remain curious, action-oriented, and collaborative. If that sounds like you, we would love to meet you.
Everybody can fish with us!
These are our core values:
- Passion: We love what we do and we take pride in our work.
- Action: We work hard to get stuff done, with urgency.
- Optimism: We believe that we will succeed, and we are willing to keep trying new things.
- Honesty: We tell it like it is, communicate issues, take accountability and use data to make decisions. We are transparent with customers, partners and employees.
- Curiosity: We look for ways to make things better. We focus on solutions, not problems.
- #happydance: We create happiness for our customers and for each other.
Our culture is fast-moving, hardworking, welcoming and friendly, and we keep our calendar full of opportunities to learn from coworkers and foster community. We love a good team event (like trivia or Quiplash), continued learning (fireside chats led by colleagues), and niche Slack channels like #mlb, #bachelor, #unpopular_opinions, #badjokes and #smallwins.
Catch Co. is passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Catch Co. recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other protected status.
- "Take what you need" paid time off (PTO) policy
- 11 paid holidays yearly
- Fully distributed team (most employees may work from anywhere in the continental United States!)
- Flexible working schedule
- Two yearly week-long company retreats
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance - We cover 80-100% of the premium for yourself and your dependents
- Paid parental leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Health Savings Accounts and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employer-sponsored disability insurance
- Employer-sponsored life insurance
- Employee discount program
- 401(K) plan
- Pet insurance
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Free Karl's Club membership and $100 of store credit
- And more!
Unfortunately, visa sponsorship is not available at this time.