Catch Co is looking for an AP Manager to join our finance team. The AP Manager will be responsible for managing all activities within our Accounts Payable functions. We're looking for candidates that value our mission and are self-motivated to help us continuously improve our evolving department.
What you will do:
- Manage full-cycle Accounts Payable processes, including setting up new vendors, receiving, reviewing and coding vendor invoices, and preparing payments
- Validate 3-way match of inventory accounts payable with BOL, packing list, and payable invoices
- Research, analyze, and independently resolve discrepancies and questions from vendors and customers regarding the accuracy of invoices and other accounting related documents
- Act as key point person when communicating with vendors and customers, as needed, to reconcile accounts
- Assist in processing 1099 tax forms and manage vendor W9s
- Assist in the month-end closing of books according to the priorities set forth by the Sr Director of Finance and Controller
- Compile ad hoc reports and provide administrative support to the finance department
What experience you need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent
- Two or more years of successful experience in Accounts Payable
- Proficiency in Excel
What will make you successful:
- Ability to plan, organize, and schedule in an efficient, productive manner
- Strong analytical capabilities and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to professionally collaborate with executives, customers, and vendors
- Strong work ethic and follow-through
What is Catch Co?
At Catch Co, our purpose is to rescue people from the indoors by connecting them with America’s top outdoor sport: fishing. More than 50 million Americans fish every year and Catch Co is the industry leader in creating products, content, and experiences that modern anglers love. Most importantly, we aim to be the industry’s most data-driven and customer-centric company.
We are building 3 unique businesses to deliver on that mission:
- Mystery Tackle Box - Founded in 2012, MTB is the most popular fishing subscription service in the world, with over 5 million boxes shipped (and counting!).
- Karl’s Bait and Tackle - Launched in 2018, Karl’s is a unique and exciting ecommerce experience that brings the local tackle shop to the Internet.
- Catch Co. fishing products - Catch Co also designs and develops some of fishing’s most popular and innovative brands and products, sold online and in retail throughout the world.
To support these businesses, we have built a best-in-class foundation of creativity, technology, data, and a fun and supportive culture. We have also built durable partnerships with some of the industry’s most impactful content creators, influencers, product designers, and more.
As we execute against our mission, our team members remain curious, action-oriented, and collaborative. If that sounds like you, we would love to meet you.
Everybody can fish with us!
These are our core values:
- Passion: We love what we do and we take pride in our work.
- Action: We work hard to get stuff done, with urgency.
- Optimism: We believe that we will succeed, and we are willing to keep trying new things.
- Honesty: We tell it like it is, communicate issues, take accountability and use data to make decisions. We are transparent with customers, partners and employees.
- Curiosity: We look for ways to make things better. We focus on solutions, not problems.
- #happydance: We create happiness for our customers and for each other.
Our culture is fast-moving, hardworking, welcoming and friendly, and we keep our calendar full of opportunities to learn from coworkers and foster community. We love a good team event (like trivia or Quiplash), continued learning (fireside chats led by colleagues), and niche Slack channels like #mlb, #bachelor, #unpopular_opinions, #badjokes and #smallwins.
Catch Co. is passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Catch Co. recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other protected status.
- "Take what you need" paid time off (PTO) policy
- 11 paid holidays yearly
- Fully distributed team (most employees may work from anywhere in the continental United States!)
- Flexible working schedule
- Two yearly week-long company retreats
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance - We cover 80-100% of the premium for yourself and your dependents
- Paid parental leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Health Savings Accounts and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employer-sponsored disability insurance
- Employer-sponsored life insurance
- Employee discount program
- 401(K) plan
- Pet insurance
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Free Karl's Club membership and $100 of store credit
- And more!
Unfortunately, visa sponsorship is not available at this time.