Position Overview: Catch Co. is looking for an experienced Senior Buying Manager to join our team. The mission of this role is to strategically grow our overall business online and in-store, as well as lead and develop our buying team.
What you will do:
- Manage and develop a team of buyers, providing feedback, coaching, and buying expertise
- Set strategy and priorities as we aggressively expand our assortment and build our omnichannel business
- Build processes, identify required resources, and use excellent organizational skills to support rapid scaling and improve efficiency across the buying team’s processes and initiatives
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to achieve business goals (including: marketing, operations, product development, data, and finance teams)
- Build and maintain relationships with suppliers and support the team in executing negotiations to secure best pricing/programs
- Analyze data to identify opportunities to improve profitability and velocity of existing assortment and categories, as well as identify opportunities to enter new categories
- Maintain industry expertise on fishing products and trends in the market
What experience you need:
- 7+ years of buying experience, with at least 3 years of experience managing a team of buyers
- Demonstrated experience building a business and delivering against set goals in a fast and rapidly evolving environment
- Experience creating and executing against significantly expanding category plans and developing new assortments
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to find answers through data
- Ability to negotiate and build meaningful relationships at an executive level with vendors
What will make you successful:
- Passion for providing coaching and mentorship
- Analytical and process-oriented mentality
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strategic approach to problem solving
- Adaptability and flexibility
Hiring Process: We aim to reply to all applicants within a week of receiving your application. Our interview process consists of several stages, each one allowing us to get to know you better, professionally and technically. It is also an opportunity for you to gain a better understanding of our culture and the work we do. The stages include:
- Resume review
- Brief assessment via Criteria Corp platform
- Phone interview
- Take home exercise
- Interview with Hiring Manager via Google Meet
- Interviews with team members via Google Meet
- Reference checks
What is Catch Co?
At Catch Co, our purpose is to rescue people from the indoors by connecting them with America’s top outdoor sport: fishing. More than 50 million Americans fish every year and Catch Co is the industry leader in creating products, content, and experiences that modern anglers love. Most importantly, we aim to be the industry’s most data-driven and customer-centric company.
We are building 3 unique businesses to deliver on that mission:
- Mystery Tackle Box - Founded in 2012, MTB is the most popular fishing subscription service in the world, with over 5 million boxes shipped (and counting!).
- Karl’s Bait and Tackle - Launched in 2018, Karl’s is a unique and exciting ecommerce experience that brings the local tackle shop to the Internet.
- Catch Co. fishing products - Catch Co also designs and develops some of fishing’s most popular and innovative brands and products, sold online and in retail throughout the world.
To support these businesses, we have built a best-in-class foundation of creativity, technology, data, and a fun and supportive culture. We have also built durable partnerships with some of the industry’s most impactful content creators, influencers, product designers, and more.
As we execute against our mission, our team members remain curious, action-oriented, and collaborative. If that sounds like you, we would love to meet you.
Everybody can fish with us!
These are our core values:
- Passion: We love what we do and we take pride in our work.
- Action: We work hard to get stuff done, with urgency.
- Optimism: We believe that we will succeed, and we are willing to keep trying new things.
- Honesty: We tell it like it is, communicate issues, take accountability and use data to make decisions. We are transparent with customers, partners and employees.
- Curiosity: We look for ways to make things better. We focus on solutions, not problems.
- #happydance: We create happiness for our customers and for each other.
Our culture is fast-moving, hardworking, welcoming and friendly, and we keep our calendar full of opportunities to learn from coworkers and foster community. We love a good team event (like trivia or Quiplash), continued learning (fireside chats led by colleagues), and niche Slack channels like #mlb, #bachelor, #unpopular_opinions, #badjokes and #smallwins.
Catch Co. is passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Catch Co. recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other protected status.
- "Take what you need" paid time off (PTO) policy
- 11 paid holidays yearly
- Fully distributed team (most employees may work from anywhere in the continental United States!)
- Flexible working schedule
- Two week-long company retreats per year
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance - we cover 80-100% of the premium for yourself and your dependents
- Paid parental leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Resource Groups (ERG)
- Health Savings Accounts and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employer-sponsored disability insurance
- Employer-sponsored life insurance
- Employee discount program
- 401(K) plan
- Pet insurance
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Free Karl's Club membership, $100 of store credit and free swag
- And more!
Unfortunately, visa sponsorship is not available at this time.