Catch Co. is looking for an experienced retail store manager to bring leadership, passion, action, optimism, honesty, curiosity, and a bit of #happydance to a new retail store concept as Karl’s Bait & Tackle, America’s local tackle shop online, shifts to its first “in real life” store.
Beginning with Mystery Tackle Box and Biospawn Lures, The Catch Company has developed a number of additional brands and collaborations (10,000 Fish, Googan Squad, Mike Bucca’s Baby Bull Shad, etc) and a thriving eCommerce platform (Karl’s Bait & Tackle) with hundreds of products over a handful of fast-growing fishing brands and collaborations. We are helping ‘rescue people from the indoors’ through our digital platforms as well as through partner retailers, but we are beginning a new chapter by opening our own bricks & mortar stores, and we need just the right person to manage our first store.
The store manager will ensure that we deliver an exceptional shopping experience, showcasing the sport of fishing and our products to both newcomers and experienced anglers alike. The stores will involve exciting merchandise presentations, interactive events, and will bring the wildly successful online experience into real life, face-to-face, live shopping events and experiences.
This is your chance to be a pioneer who builds on the successes of one of the fastest growing companies in fishing. No position at Catch Co is about maintaining the status quo; every team member is passionate about building a company rooted in excellence. We are obsessed with our customers and the best customer service; we use a mix of (amazing) people and technology to create a truly unique relationship among our customers, employees, brands, influencers, and the culture of fishing. The Store Manager will lead and execute all efforts required to achieve this in a local store.
What you will do:
- Bring Karl’s amazing online culture to real life! Embody Catch Co values, engage customers on the products and brands, and create an unusually welcoming, comfortable environment in the store.
- Make the store awesome! Own day-to-day operational execution of the store to consistently meet and exceed store sales goals, while keeping expenses in balance.
- Make money! Measure and monitor sales performance taking action to improve business performance when needed.
- Keep making the store better! Use experience and business acumen to understand and identify business drivers and opportunities and then build solutions.
- Be an incredible host and culture builder! Lead the sales floor and deliver an excellent customer experience through a customer first mindset to build loyal relationships, extending in-person customers into our digital environment (social, web platforms, etc.)
- Be a super boss! Manage, train, develop, and mentor the local store staff, including involvement with hiring, reviews, and when necessary, discipline and removal.
- Keep the store staffed up! Create and manage staff schedules and ensure that the store is positioned to delight customers without going beyond store staffing hour allocations.
- Keep the store stocked up! Manage inventory accuracy, inventory ordering, processing and controls in store. Lead & train the team in store to ensure consistent inventory of on hand deliverables.
- Host incredible events! Central to our retail concept is in-store or near-store events, so planning and managing great events that reinforce what we’re about is a big part of the gig.
- Protect the ship! Contribute to Loss Prevention in all areas of the business, set expectations, and own training for the store team.
- Keep the store looking spiffy and easy to shop! Ensure facility maintenance, presentation and organization. Lead merchandising presentation and concept standards utilizing retail & product reporting to regularly strategize for the customer experience and productivity of the business.
- Be a great communicator! Provide real-time and weekly feedback on product and sales performance to corporate partners to influence allocations and the success of the business
What experience you need:
- 3+ years of specialty retail management experience - including people management
- You need to know fishing. For real, not "I fished a few times as a kid and once a year on vacation sometimes," but like, “I really understand fishing and fishing culture and I’m in it”
- Digital proficiency - comfort learning and operating a variety of digital tools and technologies
- Associates degree or higher strongly preferred
- Understanding of Catch Co. brands and products strongly preferred
What will make you successful:
- Rocking it out in all areas of store operations equally: customer experience, sales & revenue, staff leadership, in-store event coordination & management, merchandising, inventory, loss prevention, reporting & communication.
- Consistently focusing on the customer experience.
- High standards and pride in your work. You bring an optimistic, positive, and energetic attitude to work.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and people management skills, all while staying calm under pressure.
- Flexibility in adapting to changing priorities in an evolving landscape. You’re comfortable shifting between front of house hands-on execution and back of house management and administration.
- Readiness to hire a team and lead them with your interpersonal, problem resolution, mediation, consulting, and negotiation skills.
- Confidence in your decision-making abilities. You’re creative and innovative in your approach to problem-solving. You’re willing to initiate and execute change and not afraid to try new things (#DoNotConform).
What is Catch Co?
At Catch Co, our purpose is to rescue people from the indoors by connecting them with America’s top outdoor sport: fishing. More than 50 million Americans fish every year and Catch Co is the industry leader in creating products, content, and experiences that modern anglers love. Most importantly, we aim to be the industry’s most data-driven and customer-centric company.
We are building 3 unique businesses to deliver on that mission:
- Mystery Tackle Box - Founded in 2012, MTB is the most popular fishing subscription service in the world, with over 5 million boxes shipped (and counting!).
- Karl’s Bait and Tackle - Launched in 2018, Karl’s is a unique and exciting ecommerce experience that brings the local tackle shop to the Internet.
- Catch Co. fishing products - Catch Co also designs and develops some of fishing’s most popular and innovative brands and products, sold online and in retail throughout the world.
To support these businesses, we have built a best-in-class foundation of creativity, technology, data, and a fun and supportive culture. We have also built durable partnerships with some of the industry’s most impactful content creators, influencers, product designers, and more.
As we execute against our mission, our team members remain curious, action-oriented, and collaborative. If that sounds like you, we would love to meet you.
Everybody can fish with us!
These are our core values:
- Passion: We love what we do and we take pride in our work.
- Action: We work hard to get stuff done, with urgency.
- Optimism: We believe that we will succeed, and we are willing to keep trying new things.
- Honesty: We tell it like it is, communicate issues, take accountability and use data to make decisions. We are transparent with customers, partners and employees.
- Curiosity: We look for ways to make things better. We focus on solutions, not problems.
- #happydance: We create happiness for our customers and for each other.
Our culture is fast-moving, hardworking, welcoming and friendly, and we keep our calendar full of opportunities to learn from coworkers and foster community. We love a good team event (like trivia or Quiplash), continued learning (fireside chats led by colleagues), and niche Slack channels like #mlb, #bachelor, #unpopular_opinions, #badjokes and #smallwins.
Catch Co. is passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Catch Co. recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other protected status.
- "Take what you need" paid time off (PTO) policy
- 11 paid holidays yearly
- Fully distributed team (most employees may work from anywhere in the continental United States!)
- Flexible working schedule
- Two week-long company retreats per year
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance - we cover 80-100% of the premium for yourself and your dependents
- Paid parental leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Resource Groups (ERG)
- Health Savings Accounts and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employer-sponsored disability insurance
- Employer-sponsored life insurance
- Employee discount program
- 401(K) plan
- Pet insurance
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Free Karl's Club membership, $100 of store credit and free swag
- And more!
Unfortunately, visa sponsorship is not available at this time.