We invite you to be part of our team of trailblazers dedicated to helping people discover and enjoy the outside. Come join us. Because on the inside we’re all outsiders. And if it’s outside, we’re all in.
Our Danbury Retail Store is looking for a Store Team Leader to join the organization supporting store Merchandising.
This important position drives business results, directs team talent, supports the store leadership team, and ensures delivery of the legendary L.L.Bean customer experience within an outdoor lifestyle concept retail store. The Store Team Leader also promotes the company's core values of Outdoor Heritage, Integrity, Service, Respect, Perseverance, and Safe and Healthy Living to ensure the integrity of the brand, culture, and mission of L.L.Bean is upheld at all times.
This supervisor will have a specialty in Merchandising
- This is a support role under the Product area of responsibility for stores.
- Plans maps and executes floor sets by translating Trail Guide and floor sets into compelling and inspiring merchandise presentations
- Analyzes reports and uses business acumen to make smart decisions to drive sales
- Completes and supports all visual display and windows execution
- Works closely with Operations Productivity team to plan and efficiently process floor sets and replenishment
- Executes marketing signage and promotions
- Executes markdowns and merchandise recovery
- Models and fosters an environment where service is the top priority. Enthusiastically seeks opportunities to convert every customer that enters the store continually striving to drive sales and brand loyalty through great service. Rallies the rep team towards the same objectives.
- Acts as a Leader on Duty as scheduled to drive conversion and sales.
- Leverages business reports including Qualtrics, variance reporting, and merch group sales to analyze trends, understand wins and identify opportunities. Builds compelling actions to enhance customer loyalty and improve service metrics through introspective business analysis and strong acumen skills.
- Executes and implements all recognition programs including living the legend efforts, in store contests, etc.
- Reviews all forward-looking business events (holidays, promotional weekends, market trends).
- Develops meaningful activations and selling efforts to drive even greater sales results.
- Ensures that the sales floor is full, and all sizes are represented by performing regular size audits.
- Ensures the highest level of fitting room service is occurring driving conversion and UPT.
- Supports and trains associates, communicating standards and processes, company policies and procedures
- Has a passion for learning and sharing product knowledge as a tool to build the sale and increase customer loyalty.
- Delivers GUIDE training for new hires as well as ongoing GUIDE training efforts for year-round team members in conjunction with the exempt leader team. Ensures all guides are performing at a high level and 30-day/ongoing assessments are completed.
- Supports, directs, and develops store champions (buddies) and experts.
- Facilitates all new hire product training modules for store or area of responsibility and develops a strategy and execution plan for delivering all seasonal product training materials.
- Maintains and manages all employee facing communication including break room messaging, and communication boards. Ensures start up meeting are occurring, and that content is compelling and inspiring.
Total Store Accountability:
- Aids in the achievement of all financial measures as well as area specific metrics.
- Key holder as required serving as a potential opener/closer for the store.
- Prepares & communicates daily task responsibilities to staff. Leverages knowledge and strengths to foster growth and development of the team
- Recommends adjustment to staffing levels/schedules to meet work requirements.
- Address and respond to employee issues/conflicts related to day to day operations within defined parameters in accordance with company policies and procedures under direction of supervisor.
- Provides in the moment input, feedback, and coaching. If performance concerns exist, hands off to store management for performance management process
- Contributes to Peak planning preparation and readiness.
- Leverages knowledge and strengths to foster growth and development of the team.
- Expense management ownership ensuring proper use of resources and adherence to budgetary guidelines with a focus on payroll management.
- Is an active participant in health and safety by following all safety policies and procedures, reporting unsafe conditions or at-risk behaviors to leadership, and conducting work in a safe manner.
- As assigned:
- Maintains the cash office per policy ensuring proper signatures, accurate reconciliation, and general organization is achieved.
- Ensure the service hub is fully stocked, free of clutter, and operating effectively.
- Accountable for cashier execution and efficiency with a focus on service delivery.
Health and Safety Requirement: Every employee is responsible for contributing to a safe and healthy workplace. Employees are expected to be active participants in health and safety by following all safety policies and procedures, reporting unsafe conditions or at-risk behaviors to leadership, and conducting work in a safe manner. Those in a leadership role are also expected to model safe behaviors, evaluate risk, and ensure that risks are reduced to acceptable levels.
Education Level: 2-Year Associates Degree
Years of Experience: 2+
Skills and Qualifications:
- Associate degree or equivalent with at least 2 plus years of retail experience in relevant retailer
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Systems knowledge (POS, Word, Excel) and comfort with social media platforms
- Capability to build strong partnerships and to work collaboratively to achieve goals
- Ability to inspire and motivate others
- Ability to maintain a high level of enthusiasm and a positive attitude
- Demonstrated interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays
- Mobility and desire to relocate a plus
If you think you would do great in this role we encourage you to apply, even if you don't meet 100% of the qualifications.
The wage range for this position is: min $19.51 - mid $24.38 - max $29.26
If you care about the outdoors, joining L.L.Bean is a great way to feel good about what you do. Our benefits package makes a good thing even better, with programs and perks designed to support your health and financial goals. Plus, maintaining a healthy work-life balance and re-charging outside are all part of the plan. Because, when it comes to the outside—we’re all in. Visit llbeancareers.com to learn more.
Being outside brings out the best in us, no matter where we come from or what we believe. At L.L.Bean, we value individual differences and encourage our co-workers to be themselves – because the uniqueness of each individual makes L.L.Bean better.
About L.L. Bean
Welcome to the outside.
The official LinkedIn for L.L.Bean. #BeanOutsider L.L.Bean, Inc. is a leading multi-channel merchant of quality outdoor gear and apparel. Founded in 1912 by Leon Leonwood Bean, the company began as a one-room operation selling a single product, the Maine Hunting Shoe.
While its business has grown substantially, the company remains committed to the same honest principles upon which it was built – a focus on the customer, continuous product improvement and innovation, respect for people, and preservation of the natural environment. The 220,000 sq. ft. Flagship campus of stores in Freeport, Maine is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and welcomes more than three million visitors each year.
L.L.Bean can be found worldwide on http://www.llbean.com/ and in over 160 countries via the catalog and website. http://www.llbeancareers.com http://www.llbeanbusiness.com
While exploring job opportunities, we recommend you use caution to prevent against internet, email and telephone scams which have become increasingly prevalent. Some of these scams seek to entice victims to pay money or divulge sensitive personal information via fake interviews, employment applications or even offer letters. Please keep the following in mind if you are seeking employment with L.L.Bean: • An L.L.Bean employee will not solicit candidates through a non-L.L.Bean email address or phone number (such as Yahoo, Hotmail or Gmail). • Positions posted on external sites (such as LinkedIn or Indeed) should also appear on llbeancareers.com, if legitimate. • L.L.Bean will never ask for personal information early in the interview process (such as your social security number, national insurance number, date of birth, bank account information, or other sensitive personal information). This information is only required after L.L.Bean offers you a job and you accept the position. firstname.lastname@example.org • Bank information will not be collected prior to the first day of employment.