Title: B.A.S.S. Digital Technology Manager
Location: Birmingham, AL
Reports to: B.A.S.S. VP Digital
This is a special opportunity to work in the sports industry, managing technology for the world’s largest fishing website. It’s more than a desk job, with some opportunities for travel. You’ll work with a great team that collaborates well and has your back when help is needed.
Scope of Responsibility:
· Responsible for the technical side of Bassmaster.com.
· Manage the technology development of new products for the site, as well as overseeing fixes and maintenance. This could include things like creation of a new membership section, and updates to the site that will improve SEO.
· Manage and give clear direction to our development partner, Alley, who is currently working on a variety of fixes and updates for the site. This includes giving feedback in Jira and testing any completed work.
· Work closely with our technology partners including Alley, WordPress VIP, Brightcove and Livestream.
· Work closely with internal B.A.S.S. teams such as editorial, sales/marketing and tournaments on website projects related to their areas.
· Work with the sales/marketing team to ensure all sponsored content has the correct ad tagging.
· Work closely with our video production team on live streams from tournaments.
· Work with the VP Digital to drive strategy for future product updates and improvements to Bassmaster.com.
· Special projects as assigned.
· Manage digital projects from creative development through launch.
· Problem solving as technical issues arise on the site.
· Ensure that product development for Bassmaster.com is done efficiently and meets deadlines.
· Create great user experiences that make it easy for visitors to navigate the website and engage with the content and sponsors.
· Help prioritize projects coming from different parts of the company.
· Evaluate technologies and give recommendations.
· Keep an eye on technology advancements and find new ways for B.A.S.S. to grow audience and revenue.
· BS degree in a related field.
· 4+ years’ experience in digital media (websites, mobile products, etc.)
· Experience in WordPress a plus.
· Experience with recorded video and video streaming a plus.
· A creative problem solver.
· Good understanding of digital best practices, and user experience.
· Understanding of digital topics such as SEO and website analytics.
· Self-starter with initiative and a sense of ownership.
· Organizational and project management skills – detail oriented.
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills, both verbal and written. A good collaborator.
· Curiosity and excitement about the digital landscape.
Send resume and cover letter to Jim Sexton with "Apply" button below
B.A.S.S. is the worldwide authority on bass fishing. We strive as a brand to serve a growing community of anglers by fueling a passion for fishing through education, inspiration and conservation, and helping to define the culture and the lifestyle surrounding the sport.