Position summary: Under the supervision of the GSM - Marine gives daily direction to the Boat Sales Consultants to include: merchandise presentation, inventory control, pricing, sales enhancements, customer service activities. Performs various Selling / Customer Service activities to assist Boat and ATV Customers in making informed buying decisions.
1) Supports a strong commitment to world class customer service and insures a pleasant and productive shopping experience for all customers
2) Engages all customers entering the department in a friendly and timely manner.
3) Supports GSM in achievement of Sales, Gross Margin, Inventory Shrinkage and Payroll Goals
4) Provides daily leadership, direction, and motivation to the associates within the Department
5) Prepares To-do / Task lists & Follow-up appropriately
6) Meets with potential customers to determine their boating or atv needs. Provide information necessary to allow the customer to make an informed buying decision.
7) Maintains current product knowledge by using available resources, i.e., product brochures, Internet and product information training meetings
8) Maintains awareness of advertised items, current pricing structures and promotions
9) Insures that all Sales Consultants remain current on & adhere to all selling skills training & direction
10) Works cooperatively with the Service Department to see that delivery to the customer is seamless
11) Maintains complete confidentiality of all sensitive & personal information
12) Prepares the showroom each morning to ensure proper signage is in place per established presentation standards and all products are clean, presentable and in sellable condition. The integrity and cleanliness of the product will be maintained throughout the day.
13) Generates and manages leads & prospects in provided Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool on a daily basis, specifically entering new customers and conducting and documenting follow up activities and daily tasks with customers before and after the sale. Assists all Sales Consultants with training and application of dealership CRM.
14) Resolves customer and associate opportunities with GSM and HR Manager
15) Assists the GSM with: coordination of all “Special Events”; maintenance of pricing and UPC integrity; determining proper assortments; accuracy of inventory; proper display, signing and pricing of all advertised items, integrity of on-line inventory
16) Assists the GSM in carrying out Supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Company’s policies and applicable laws, including: interviewing; training; planning; assigning and directing work; measuring and evaluating performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems; maintaining a positive, harassment free working environment for all associates
17) Meets and exceeds pre-determined individual monthly sales goals which will be based off of employment status (Full Time or Part Time), hours and days scheduled, length of employment, historical sales, etc. Achieving company sales goals on a monthly basis is required. Assists all sales consultants in the department with selling process to help meet and exceed individual and company monthly sales goals.
18) Maintains a clean and professional work area
19) Follows all Company Policies and Procedures.
Education and/or Experience
High School education or equivalent experience
2-3 years of Supervisory experience preferably in a Retail or Sales environment
Mathematical Skills / Reasoning Ability
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, commissions and percentages
Ability to read and analyze certain reports
Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from Managers, associates, customers and the general public
Ability to conduct meetings and make presentations to small groups
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Proficiency with PC-based word processing, spreadsheets, data based management and electronic point of sale and inventory management systems.
Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, associates & customers
Other duties, assignments and responsibilities as needed
Full Time Benefits Summary:
Enjoy discounts on retail merchandise, our restaurants, world-class resorts and conservation attractions!
Bass Pro Shops is an equal opportunity employer. Hiring decisions are administered without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Qualified individuals with known disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please visit your nearest location or contact us at email@example.com.
Bass Pro Shops is North America’s premier outdoor and conservation company. Founded in 1972 when Johnny Morris began selling tackle out of his father’s liquor store in Springfield, Missouri, today we provide customers with premier destination retail in more than 150 locations across North America. In 2017 Bass Pro Shops acquired Cabela’s to create a “best-of-the-best” experience with superior products, dynamic locations and outstanding customer service. Guided by the visionary leadership of our founder and CEO Johnny Morris, Bass Pro Shops is making a significant impact in on the future of conservation and the communities we serve. More than 40 years after Johnny began helping people connect with nature through a tiny bait shop, our conservation mission is to inspire people to enjoy, love and conserve the great outdoors. Beyond retail, Bass Pro Shops also operates White River Marine Group, the world’s largest manufacturer of boats, plus award-winning resorts and nature destinations including Big Cedar Lodge, America’s Premier Wilderness Resort. Our passion for connecting people to nature extends to our CLUB program where customers earn points toward free gear and experiences, and a series of not-for-profit conservation attractions.