Under the supervision of the Group Sales or Department Manager, the Team Leader gives daily direction to the associates in one of the departments within the store, to include: merchandise presentation, inventory control, pricing, sales enhancements, stocking, and customer service activities.
- Supports the GSM / DM in achievement of Departmental Sales, Gross Margin, Inventory Shrinkage and Payroll Goals.
- Provides daily direction to the associates within the department.
- Prepares to-do / Task lists.
- Executes all merchandising directives i.e. “Top 25 list”, “Extreme Savings” items, etc. & maintain all plan-o-grams as set by the Corporate Office.
- Insures a pleasant and productive shopping experience for all customers.
- Assists the GSM / DM and Human Resources Manager to staff the department with “service” oriented associates; participates in interviewing and makes recommendations for selection; coordinates training; consults with GSM and gives input on preparation of performance appraisals; prepares weekly work schedules; coaches and motivates associates to promote positive customer relations and a productive team-oriented work environment.
- Resolves customer and associate opportunities with GSM / DM and HR Manager.
- Maintains a high level of personal Customer Service; achieves better than Company average customer service results (surveys, secret shops, etc.).
- Remains Product “expert” through ongoing product knowledge training; conducts product demos to entire staff.
- Assists the GSM / DM with coordination of all “Special Events”; maintenance of pricing and UPC integrity; determining proper assortments; accuracy of inventory; proper display, signing and pricing of all advertised items.
- Assists the GSM / DM in carrying out Supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Company’s policies and applicable laws, including interviewing, training, planning, assigning and directing work, measuring and evaluating performance, addressing complaints and resolving problems, maintaining a positive, harassment free working environment for all associates.
- Provides a legendary experience for every customer, every time by assisting customers in making buying decisions by:
- identifying and evaluating customers' needs,
- making product recommendations based off of this analysis,
- promoting programs including, but not limited to CLUB Membership, VOC and In-Store Pick-up.
- ALL OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED
- Minimum Degree Required: High School Diploma or equivalent
- Experience: 2 to 4 years in Retail Sales
- Supervisory experience is a plus
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITY:
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, commissions, and percentages
- Ability to read and analyze certain reports
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from Managers, associates, customers, and the general public
- Ability to conduct meetings and presentations to groups
- Proficiency with PC-based word processing, spreadsheets, data-based management and electronic point of sale and inventory management systems
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, associates, customers and with the Corporate Staff
- Constantly stand and/or walk during shift
- Occasionally ascend or descend ladders, stairs, ramps, etc.
- Constantly communicate with others to exchange information
- Occasionally repeat motions that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers
- Occasionally operate machinery and/or power tools
- Occasionally operate motor vehicles or heavy equipment
- Light work that includes moving objects up to 20 pounds constantly, may occasionally move and lift objects up to 100 pounds or more (utilizing a team lift as needed)
- Occasionally work in tight and confined spaces
- Occasionally work in noisy environments
- Performs duties within scope of general company policies, procedures, and objectives. Analyzes problems and performs needs assessments. Uses judgment in adapting broad guidelines to achieve desired result. Regular exercise of independent judgment within accepted practices. Makes recommendations that affect policies, procedures, and practices.
Full Time Benefits Summary:
Enjoy discounts on retail merchandise, our restaurants, world-class resorts and conservation attractions!
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Account
- Voluntary benefits
- 401k Retirement Savings
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation
- Paid sick time
- Bass Pro Cares Fund
- And more!
Bass Pro Shops is an equal opportunity employer. Hiring decisions are administered without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Qualified individuals with known disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please visit your nearest location or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.