POSITION SUMMARY: Under the supervision of the Group Sales or Department Manager, the Team Leader gives daily direction to the associates in one of the departments within the store, to include: merchandise presentation, inventory control, pricing, sales enhancements, stocking and customer service activities.
1. Supports GSM / DM in achievement of Departmental Sales, Gross Margin, Inventory Shrinkage and Payroll Goals.
2. Provide daily direction to the associates within the department.
3. Prepare to-do / Task lists.
4. Execute all merchandising directives….i.e. “Top 25 list”, “Extreme Savings” items, etc. & maintain all plan-o-grams as set by the Corporate Office.
5. Insure a pleasant and productive shopping experience for all customers.
6. Assist the GSM / DM and Human Resources Manager to staff the department with “service” oriented associates; participates in interviewing and makes recommendations for selection; coordinates training; consults with GSM and gives input on preparation of performance appraisals; prepares weekly work schedules; coaches and motivates associates to promote positive customer relations and a productive team-oriented work environment.
7. Resolves customer and associate opportunities with GSM / DM and HR Manager.
8. Maintains a high level of personal Customer Service; achieves better than Company average customer service results (surveys, secret shops, etc.).
9. Remains Product “expert” through ongoing product knowledge training; conducts product demos to entire staff.
10. Assists the GSM / DM with: coordination of all “Special Events”; maintenance of pricing and UPC integrity; determining proper assortments; accuracy of inventory; proper display, signing and pricing of all advertised items.
11. Assists the GSM / DM in carrying out Supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Company’s policies and applicable laws, including: interviewing, training, planning, assigning and directing work, measuring and evaluating performance, addressing complaints and resolving problems, maintaining a positive, harassment free working environment for all associates
12. Provide a legendary experience for every customer, every time by assisting customers in making buying decisions by:
13. Other duties, assignments and responsibilities as needed.
Education and/or Experience
Mathematical Skills / Reasoning Ability
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
To accomplish the essential functions of this job, Incumbent will be required to:
Full Time Benefits Summary:
Enjoy discounts on retail merchandise, our restaurants, world-class resorts and conservation attractions!
Bass Pro Shops is an equal opportunity employer. Hiring decisions are administered without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Qualified individuals with known disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please visit your nearest location or contact us at email@example.com.
Bass Pro Shops is North America’s premier outdoor and conservation company. Founded in 1972 when Johnny Morris began selling tackle out of his father’s liquor store in Springfield, Missouri, today we provide customers with premier destination retail in more than 150 locations across North America. In 2017 Bass Pro Shops acquired Cabela’s to create a “best-of-the-best” experience with superior products, dynamic locations and outstanding customer service. Guided by the visionary leadership of our founder and CEO Johnny Morris, Bass Pro Shops is making a significant impact in on the future of conservation and the communities we serve. More than 40 years after Johnny began helping people connect with nature through a tiny bait shop, our conservation mission is to inspire people to enjoy, love and conserve the great outdoors. Beyond retail, Bass Pro Shops also operates White River Marine Group, the world’s largest manufacturer of boats, plus award-winning resorts and nature destinations including Big Cedar Lodge, America’s Premier Wilderness Resort. Our passion for connecting people to nature extends to our CLUB program where customers earn points toward free gear and experiences, and a series of not-for-profit conservation attractions.