It is our people behind life’s passions who will make the big difference. If you are interested in becoming part of a company that delivers market leading products, driving your own career and working with brands committed to active lifestyles, then you’ve found your fit.
Have what it takes? Join us.
Seeking an individual who desires a career opportunity in the exciting marine industry to join our team as a Service Technician. The Technician is the heart of the service department. They must be task-oriented, knowledgeable, driven, and able to complete all repair orders efficiently and successfully with quality and little supervision or consultation. The Technician works diligently towards completion of the repair order schedule assigned by the Service Writer. The Technician manages his/her own time by clocking in/out on all repair orders, keeping in mind individual and team efficiency goals to keep the service department productive and profitable.
- Repair and maintain boats, outboard, sterndrive, and inboard engines and other vessels.
- Examine repair orders and vessel specifications, utilizing knowledge based on prior experience, to determine extent of repairs required or modifications necessary for installation of equipment, accessories, and hardware.
- Consult directly with supervisor and service administration regarding installation or repair problems, sequence of operations, and time required to complete repair or installation.
- Provide top-notch service to customers by providing courtesy safety inspections and researching service history to advise customers of manufacturer-recommended services due on their vessels at the time or upcoming soon.
- Self-manage allocation of time towards individual repair orders keeping in mind efficiency goals and minimizing effort towards non-billable labor tasks unless directed otherwise by immediate supervisor.
- Use company email and Microsoft Teams for required company training, meetings, and communications.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment at all times.
- Anything else asked upon.
- Prior experience or certifications not necessary. In-house training as well as training for certifications in the marine technician field provided by company.
- Must have high school diploma and attain and/or maintain certifications in the marine technician field.
- Knowledge or experience of other technical and/or mechanical trades (i.e. automotive, powersports) is a plus!
- Great work ethic and high initiative to complete tasks with little supervision required
- Knowledge of tools and their uses.
- Must provide his/her own basic-use mechanical tools and toolbox. A secure location will be provided to keep toolbox. All special tools will be provided by the company.
- Self-driven to problem solve and critically think often including research
- Ability to recognize when additional help is needed and utilize appropriate resources to get the job done (i.e. research, escalation, Technical Service Advisor, etc.)
- Ability to multi-task efficiently
- Ability to lift heavy equipment
- Ability to comfortably work in confined spaces
- Ability to safely bend, stoop, and climb ladders on a daily basis
- Ability to work outdoors in varying weather conditions
- Ability to use a computer for basic everyday tasks
- Ability to use a computer or mobile device for online technical training
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and customers using email, telephone, and text messaging
- Ability to read and write professional notes summarizing work completed
- Reliable means of transportation to and from work.
- Valid driver's license with MVR meeting company standards and clean background/drug screening
We recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and inspiration. Therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require accommodations during the interview process.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
EEO is The Law - click here for more information
Brunswick and Workday Privacy Policies
Brunswick does not accept applications, inquiries or solicitations from unapproved staffing agencies or vendors. For help, please contact our support team at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 866-278-6942.
All job offers will come to you via the candidate portal you create when applying through a posted position through https:///www.brunswick.com/careers. If you are ever unsure about what is being required of you during the application process or its source, please contact HR Shared Services at 866-278-6942 or HRSharedServices@brunswick.com.