Ready to use your passion and talents to help our customers and guests connect with nature? Our mission is to be the leading merchant of outdoor recreational products inspiring people to love, enjoy and conserve the great outdoors. You can help us do that by joining the team!
To be a part of our dynamic retail team we are looking for:
- Individuals that have an appreciation and love of the great outdoors.
- A passion for delivering an amazing customer service experience for our guests that leaves them saying WOW!
- Open, friendly communication. We want you to share your experience in the outdoors with our guests to help educate them and enhance their own outdoor adventures.
- The ability to independently problem solves and overcome guest concerns to create customers for life.
- Facilitate training and continued development for all Asset Protection Outfitters.
- Lead Asset Protection specific training for all new Outfitters during orientation/Trailhead.
- Cascade as appropriate, all Asset Protection related directives and initiatives to store leadership, Asset Protection Outfitters and other Outfitters as required.
- Mentor, coach and provide performance feedback to GM’s as appropriate for all Asset Protection Outfitters.
- Demonstrate exceptional customer service during times where a customer or outfitter may appear in need or if acting in a suspicious manner.
- Monitor vehicles and parking lots to ensure a safe and secure environment for our outfitters, customers, or vendors.
- Perform greeter functions at exit doors to ensure merchandise protection tools have been removed and product has been paid for when appropriate.
- Encourage a strong level of commitment to asset protection programs with all outfitters and vendors.
- Conduct known loss investigations and exception report reviews.
- Lead Investigations for criminal activity, policy violations, illicit behavior, workplace accidents and instances of loss.
- Conduct information gathering and integrity interviews as assigned or authorized
- Monitor or consult on compliance conditions related to our Firearms processes, procedures, and policies.
- Ensure all asset protection and security related systems are maintained & working appropriately.
- Assist other stores or perform additional duties as delegated by GM and/or Regional AP Manager.
- Identify, follow up, and resolve security, safety, environmental and regulatory issues proactively or as assigned by supervisor or in coordination with the GM and facility management team.
- Conduct apprehensions for suspected shoplifting if/when authorized and trained according to company policy and procedures.
- Assist Store or Distribution Center leadership by promoting safety programs to ensure a safe work environment, support safe work procedures, participate on safety committee.
- Monitor all physical security and merchandise protection standards.
- Prepare detailed and accurate reports in a timely manner.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as needed.
- Requires regular and prompt attendance as scheduled.
- Must possess or be able to obtain any/all certifications/licenses required by applicable law.
- ALL OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED
- Preferred Degree: Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice, Security Management, Environmental Safety, or related field from an accredited institution is preferred.
- Certificate(s) or License(s): National certified training program (Wicklander-Zulawski or Reed training), Certified Forensic Interviewer (CFI), Loss Prevention Certified/Qualified (LPC/LPQ), etc. is preferred.
- Experience: Minimum field experience of three years in facility security, asset protection is required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITY:
- Demonstrated experience conducting criminal or internal or related investigations is required.
- Experience in using physical security systems (CCTV, EAS, etc.) is required.
- Experience conducting quality reviews/audits is required.
- Current AHA First Aid/CPR/AED certification is preferred.
- Performs duties within scope of general company policies, procedures, and objectives. Analyzes problems and performs needs assessments. Uses judgment in adapting broad guidelines to achieve desired result. Regular exercise of independent judgment within accepted practices. Makes recommendations that affect policies, procedures, and practices.
- Regularly performs computer work, walks, stands, and lifts up to 50lbs.
- Occasionally sits.
Full Time Benefits Summary:
Enjoy discounts on retail merchandise, our restaurants, world-class resorts and conservation attractions!
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Account
- Voluntary benefits
- 401k Retirement Savings
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation
- Paid sick time
- Bass Pro Cares Fund
- And more!
Bass Pro Shops is an equal opportunity employer. Hiring decisions are administered without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Qualified individuals with known disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please visit your nearest location or contact us at email@example.com.
Bass Pro Shops