We invite you to be part of our team of trailblazers dedicated to helping people discover and enjoy the outside. Come join us. Because on the inside we’re all outsiders. And if it’s outside, we’re all in.We have an exciting opportunity to join the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion team at L.L.Bean as an Associate DEI Program Consultant located here at our corporate headquarters in Freeport, Maine.
The person in this important role will be responsible for supporting the development and implementation of programs and initiatives that advance our diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) efforts. Provide consultation across the organization to support corporate DEI Strategy and capability development. Serve as an internal subject matter expert and thought partner to DEI efforts and help employees to build organizational competence around DEI. The ideal candidate will have experience working with a diverse workforce and a deep understanding of the challenges and opportunities for underrepresented groups.
• Serve as a trusted internal consultant on DEI initiatives. Leverage DEI expertise, cultural awareness, and emotional intelligence to consult with cross functional partners.
• Partner in the development of DEI learning experiences for leaders and employees including design, implementation, and ongoing evaluation.
• Participate in the completion of benchmarking surveys and award submissions, collaborating with internal partners to collect data and information for submissions and communicate about results.
• Support the establishment and ongoing running of Employee/Business Resource Groups (E/BRGs).
• Research, develop, recommend, and help execute strategies to foster DEI goals.
• Consult, develop, and help to maintain workgroups to implement programs, events, and initiatives to advance the DEI strategy.
• Support and maintain DEI communications in partnership with internal communications team.
• Maintain involvement with professional groups concerned with the advancement of DEI initiatives.
Education: 4-Year Bachelors Degree
Experience: 1 to 3 years
Skills and Qualifications:
• BA/BS or equivalent
• Foundational understanding of DEI concepts
• Ability to develop practices, policies and programs that support diversity, equity and inclusion
• Agility to engage in hard conversations that often lead to transformation
• Strong project management skills applied in a business/corporate environment
• Ability to establish credibility and develop effective collaborative relationships
• Proven team player and collaborator. Work well with a team, be self-directed, and demonstrate excellent judgment
• Strong facilitation and communications skills; ability to effectively present and execute innovative ideas
• Ability to influence and be a change agent while identifying and addressing structural challenges and barriers
• Ability to constructively navigate challenging situations and interactions with employees; ability to maintain confidential employee information
• Strong demonstrated ability to build confidence, communicate, partner, and collaborate with individuals throughout an organization
• Commitment to self-awareness, a growth mindset, and leadership grounded in vulnerability
Health and Safety Requirement:
Every employee is responsible for contributing to a safe and healthy workplace. Employees are expected to be active participants in health and safety by following all safety policies and procedures, reporting unsafe conditions or at-risk behaviors to leadership, and conducting work in a safe manner. Those in a leadership role are also expected to model safe behaviors, evaluate risk, and ensure that risks are reduced to acceptable levels.
If you care about the outdoors, joining L.L.Bean is a great way to feel good about what you do. Our benefits package makes a good thing even better, with programs and perks designed to support your health and financial goals. Plus, maintaining a healthy work-life balance and re-charging outside are all part of the plan. Because, when it comes to the outside—we’re all in. Visit llbeancareers.com to learn more.
Being outside brings out the best in us, no matter where we come from or what we believe. At L.L.Bean, we value individual differences and encourage our co-workers to be themselves – because the uniqueness of each individual makes L.L.Bean better.
Welcome to the outside.
The official LinkedIn for L.L.Bean. #BeanOutsider L.L.Bean, Inc. is a leading multi-channel merchant of quality outdoor gear and apparel. Founded in 1912 by Leon Leonwood Bean, the company began as a one-room operation selling a single product, the Maine Hunting Shoe.
While its business has grown substantially, the company remains committed to the same honest principles upon which it was built – a focus on the customer, continuous product improvement and innovation, respect for people, and preservation of the natural environment. The 220,000 sq. ft. Flagship campus of stores in Freeport, Maine is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and welcomes more than three million visitors each year.
L.L.Bean can be found worldwide on http://www.llbean.com/ and in over 160 countries via the catalog and website. http://www.llbeancareers.com http://www.llbeanbusiness.com
While exploring job opportunities, we recommend you use caution to prevent against internet, email and telephone scams which have become increasingly prevalent. Some of these scams seek to entice victims to pay money or divulge sensitive personal information via fake interviews, employment applications or even offer letters. Please keep the following in mind if you are seeking employment with L.L.Bean: • An L.L.Bean employee will not solicit candidates through a non-L.L.Bean email address or phone number (such as Yahoo, Hotmail or Gmail). • Positions posted on external sites (such as LinkedIn or Indeed) should also appear on llbeancareers.com, if legitimate. • L.L.Bean will never ask for personal information early in the interview process (such as your social security number, national insurance number, date of birth, bank account information, or other sensitive personal information). This information is only required after L.L.Bean offers you a job and you accept the position. firstname.lastname@example.org • Bank information will not be collected prior to the first day of employment.