Join us for Great Pay, Awesome Benefits & Career Growth:
• Shift Hours: Monday - Thursday (6am - 4:30pm), Mandatory Overtime on Fridays as needed
• Starting at $14.00/HR
DAY ONE BENEFITS:
o Health insurance (Medical, Dental, and Vision)
o Life insurance
o Disability insurance
o HSA option
o Competitively Accruing PTO
o 401k with 6% MATCH
o Excellent Employee Discount
o Tuition reimbursement
- Follows work instructions/specifications to determine required assembly.
- Checks immediate assembly area for adequate supplies of sub-assemblies, parts for the particular assembly.
- Requests supplies through appropriate channels.
- Assembles components per work instructions.
- Examines assembly and connections for correct fit, fastening parts and sub-assemblies following work instructions/specifications.
- Packs finished product into designated carton and inserts or applies any required labels, tags, decals and/or instructions.
- Resolves minor assembly and packing problems.
- Reports any assembly problems/issues to the supervisor for evaluation and resolution; look for faulty components and mistakes in the assembly process. They help to fix problems before more defective products are produced.
- Operates and uses all equipment following standard work instructions and operating procedures.
- Uses simple hand tools to perform job duties.
- Practices good housekeeping by keeping work area, neighboring areas and aisles clean and accessible.
- Observes all safety rules and regulations; exercises care and good judgement at all times to prevent accidents and injuries
- Report all incidents/accidents/injuries immediately to Human Resources Safety Specialist
- Follow 5S rules for workstation and other common areas in the facility
- Maintains safe and clean work environment with mindful thoughts and actions in housekeeping habits (i.e. picking-up paper, debris, etc in work area, aisles, and common employee areas as you move through the facility); Properly collect and disposes of waste following established guidelines
- Must be flexible with work schedule and task changes. Performs other duties and tasks as assigned.
- Be prepared to work overtime daily and/or as needed
Company and Corporate Responsibilities
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures, rules and VISTA Code of Conduct
Education and Training:
- High School diploma or GED preferred.
- One to three (1-3) years’ experience in intricate hand assembly and/or general assembly in a manufacturing environment preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
- Manual dexterity and the ability to carry out complex, repetitive tasks quickly and methodically also are important.
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. Ability to push and pull when applying components to helmets.
- Ability to operate the necessary equipment to verify compliance with quality control standards.
- Ability follow personal safety rules regarding work.
- Ability to regularly lift/ and or move up to 10 pounds, occasionally lift/and or move up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to comprehend customer’s requirements.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to communicate effectively in one-on-one and small group situations within the organization. Need good interpersonal and communication skills to be able to work well with their teammates.
- Ability to stand or sit for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
- Ability to perform simple mathematical calculations.
- Ability to perform essential functions and responsibilities of the job with some supervision.
- Must be flexible.
- Assembly workers must be able to follow instructions carefully.
- Careful attention to detail.
- While performing the duties of this job, Associates are required to:
- Perform physical activities that require considerable use of arms, hands and legs. Moving of whole body to lift, reach, grasp, balance and stoop when handling warehouse materials for an extended period of time and or an entire work shift
- Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Speak clearly and actively listen
- Read, comprehend, and carryout all work instructions
- Work effectively in a team environment
- Work autonomously and maintain productivity and quality standards
- Be reliable and have good work attendance history
- Possess a positive attitude with a work ethic of the highest degree
We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including: medical and dental, vision, disability and life insurance, 401K, PTO, tuition reimbursement, gear discounts and the ability to add value to an exciting mission!
Our Postings are not intended for distribution to or use in any jurisdiction, country or territory where such distribution or use would violate local law or would subject us to any regulations in another jurisdiction, country or territory. We reserve the right to limit our Postings in any jurisdiction, country or territory.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veteran/Disabled
At this time, Vista Outdoor is closely monitoring the developments on the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) COVID-19 workplace rule regarding COVID-19 vaccination or testing. You will not be asked any questions regarding these items during application. As it stands today, employers, including Vista Outdoor, are required to take steps to implement OSHA’s rules including mandatory weekly testing for individuals who are unvaccinated or proof of vaccination. Approved medical and religious exemptions are allowed and all data is treated confidentially. Proof of vaccination or weekly testing are not required for roles that are remote with no on-site work.
About Vista Outdoor
Vista Outdoor Inc. is a leading global designer, manufacturer and marketer of consumer products in the outdoor sports and recreation markets including Bushnell, Giro, CamelBak, Federal, Bell, Remington, and many more!
Vista employs over 5,000 employees worldwide and has diverse portfolio well-recognized brands that provide a range of performance-driven, high-quality and innovative products, including sporting ammunition, outdoor cooking accessories, ebikes, bike accessories and helmets, outdoor sports optics and golf rangefinders.
Our Purpose: To be known as a passionate outdoor company with the brands, products and culture that unite people around a shared love and responsibility for the outdoors.
Our Vision: To build powerhouse brands that empower people to achieve their goals and live their best outdoor lives.