- Schedule and coordinate with production areas cycle counts in an efficient and timely manner to meet the needs of materials management and ABC requirements. Analyze and investigate any differences to determine causes then make the appropriate adjustments.
- Have a complete knowledge of all operations throughout the plant and can cycle count any area upon request.
- Operate and understand functions of the remote entry terminals, scales and DCSI system.
- Able to read, understand and utilize the various reports available in SAP.
- Understand reporting procedures and the peculiar characteristics of each area. (i.e. how scrap is reported at each operation; do the components back flush or are they issued when they leave the stock room?)
- Have a complete understanding of the inventory tracking database and how the various transactions affect this database.
- Be able to assist production supervision in understanding the relationship between the system on hand balances and the physical location of their products, how each material movement affects the balances and build schedules, and troubleshooting where there appears to be a problem.
- Able to visually identify product at its various stages and relate this to its location in the inventory tracking system.
- Communicate to the production managers inventory accuracy and causes for discrepancies found on each cycle count and offer suggestions which could improve the accuracy.
- Serve on problem solving teams and be able to audit progress of corrective action.
- Communicate with the area planners and production managers any unusual adjustments, which may result in immediate changes to the production schedule.
- Work flexible hours as needed to count areas while production is not in operation (Typical shift may be 5:00 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.)
- Have full knowledge of the inventory checker job and can assist with training of these employees if needed.
- Understand and utilize industrial engineering material specifications. Be able to identify when actual usage is different from the standard and request audits by the industrial engineer to confirm suspicions.
- Operate fork trucks and pallet jack walker/stacker.
- Process transactions for warehouse withdrawals to work in process, shipping memos for components from WIP, process sample withdrawals, alternate usage of components, etc. with accurate account charges.
- Clear negative inventory balances daily and at month-end.
- Reprocess SAP transaction errors regularly. This requires knowledge of all products throughout the plant to quickly determine cause for the error.
- Understand the affect of on-line transactions to the General Ledger.
- Use PC to produce Excel Worksheets and Word documents to report cycle count results and measure accuracy performance.
- Assist with the on-going training of Inventory Checkers, Data Collectors and Production personnel relevant to the inventory control procedures in their respective areas.
- Coordinate physical inventories or year-end cycle counts in a manner approved by auditing. Communicate to the auditors the process followed and the results of these counts. Accompany auditors to the various areas when sample counts are done.
- Know and adhere to the unique safety procedures in the area being cycle counted. These areas may be explosive areas and/or contain hazardous materials.
We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including: medical and dental, vision, disability and life insurance, 401K, PTO, tuition reimbursement, gear discounts and the ability to add value to an exciting mission!
Our Postings are not intended for distribution to or use in any jurisdiction, country or territory where such distribution or use would violate local law or would subject us to any regulations in another jurisdiction, country or territory. We reserve the right to limit our Postings in any jurisdiction, country or territory.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veteran/Disabled
At this time, Vista Outdoor is closely monitoring the developments on the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) COVID-19 workplace rule regarding COVID-19 vaccination or testing. You will not be asked any questions regarding these items during application. As it stands today, employers, including Vista Outdoor, are required to take steps to implement OSHA’s rules including mandatory weekly testing for individuals who are unvaccinated or proof of vaccination. Approved medical and religious exemptions are allowed and all data is treated confidentially. Proof of vaccination or weekly testing are not required for roles that are remote with no on-site work.
About Vista Outdoor
Vista Outdoor Inc. is a leading global designer, manufacturer and marketer of consumer products in the outdoor sports and recreation markets including Bushnell, Giro, CamelBak, Federal, Bell, Remington, and many more!
Vista employs over 5,000 employees worldwide and has diverse portfolio well-recognized brands that provide a range of performance-driven, high-quality and innovative products, including sporting ammunition, outdoor cooking accessories, ebikes, bike accessories and helmets, outdoor sports optics and golf rangefinders.
Our Purpose: To be known as a passionate outdoor company with the brands, products and culture that unite people around a shared love and responsibility for the outdoors.
Our Vision: To build powerhouse brands that empower people to achieve their goals and live their best outdoor lives.