Great tasting food will always bring people together and Camp Chef has that figured out. As an industry leading manufacture for more than 20 years, Camp Chef produces high quality products offering efficient ways to cook for almost any outdoor gathering. From social functions to campouts or even dinner on the back patio, Camp Chef can do it all.
Here at Camp Chef we are looking for a Freight and Logistics Specialist to join our team. This position will be responsible for helping manage incoming and outgoing freight to our customers for all TL and LTL shipments.
Primary Functions and Responsibilities
- Processing freight documents and providing outstanding customer service.
- Responsible for processing all shipments via TL and LTL with Pacejet shipping software
- Validate physical shipment attributes on all required export documentation.
- Responsible for maintaining and documenting departmental processes and procedures as necessary to reflect the current process accurately
- Communicate proactively with customers and their freight forwarders as required to facilitate transportation booking and shipping. This includes provide routing request instructions and tracking information to customers, freight forwarders, carriers, and other transportation intermediaries.
- Communicate with transportation companies as required to arrange for transportation and to track shipments as required.
- Send Advance ship notices for all EDI partners.
- Operate forklift equipment
- Compiles and maintains various daily, weekly and monthly reports
- Coordinate with in-house sales team to promote accurate and timely processing of orders for customers
- Provide assistance for maintaining logistics planning tasks
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds or more on a constant basis
- Previous experience with safe operation of forklift a plus
- Must be able interpret documents such as operating and maintenance instructions, safety rules, and procedure manuals
- Ability to calculate mathematical values
- Must have a working knowledge of Internet software usage, order processing systems, inventory software and word processing software
- Must be knowledgeable in warehousing procedures
- Ability to give attention to detail is a must
- Experience in EDI and WMS software a plus including Netsuite, RF-Smart, and Pacejet
We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including: medical and dental, vision, disability and life insurance, 401K, PTO, tuition reimbursement, gear discounts and the ability to add value to an exciting mission!
Our Postings are not intended for distribution to or use in any jurisdiction, country or territory where such distribution or use would violate local law or would subject us to any regulations in another jurisdiction, country or territory. We reserve the right to limit our Postings in any jurisdiction, country or territory.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veteran/Disabled
At this time, Vista Outdoor is closely monitoring the developments on the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) COVID-19 workplace rule regarding COVID-19 vaccination or testing. You will not be asked any questions regarding these items during application. As it stands today, employers, including Vista Outdoor, are required to take steps to implement OSHA’s rules including mandatory weekly testing for individuals who are unvaccinated or proof of vaccination. Approved medical and religious exemptions are allowed and all data is treated confidentially. Proof of vaccination or weekly testing are not required for roles that are remote with no on-site work.
About Vista Outdoor
Vista Outdoor Inc. is a leading global designer, manufacturer and marketer of consumer products in the outdoor sports and recreation markets including Bushnell, Giro, CamelBak, Federal, Bell, Remington, and many more!
Vista employs over 5,000 employees worldwide and has diverse portfolio well-recognized brands that provide a range of performance-driven, high-quality and innovative products, including sporting ammunition, outdoor cooking accessories, ebikes, bike accessories and helmets, outdoor sports optics and golf rangefinders.
Our Purpose: To be known as a passionate outdoor company with the brands, products and culture that unite people around a shared love and responsibility for the outdoors.
Our Vision: To build powerhouse brands that empower people to achieve their goals and live their best outdoor lives.