CamelBak is a world leader in hydration products for the recreational and military markets, and its employees relentlessly innovate to help drive our users to hydrate and perform at their peak. You will work in a fast paced, collaborative and creative environment which routinely tackles the challenges issues confronted by our active user.
The Demand Planner will create and communicate unit-forecasting. Apply business, technical, and analytical expertise, while utilizing Logility software to efficiently estimate demand for assigned products. Collaborate with buying, product/trade marketing, and sales to finalize the demand signals (Events, sku forecast, customer data feeds) Facilitate financial planning sales plans utilizing software with collaboration from brand and sales. Advise the group in support of business objectives, by providing a fact-based perspective on trends, opportunities, risks and product performance. In addition, the position will require research, monitoring, and communication between multiple departments ranging from finance, product marketing, trade marketing, sourcing, inventory management and sale management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities-Accountabilities including but not limited to the following.
- Analyze sales channels and determine which planning methodology is best suited
- Utilize Logility software to generate statistical unit demand forecasting for customer/sku level
- Collaborate input from internal consensus participate (brand-marketing/sales)
- Manage sku level forecasting by customer-location
- Utilize software to establish inventory policies for assigned sku’s
- Responsible for achieving on-hand inventory goals through parameter settings and push/pull of inventory replenishment
- Product life cycle management (beginning of life and end of life planning)
- Manage product flow by month
- Plan exit strategies and transition plan for excess inventory
- Analyze and consolidate large volumes of data (shipments, point of sales, inventory, market share, promotional activity), develop a fact-based point of view, and communicate to management via presentations and reports.
- Facilitate monthly inventory/replenishment reviews with buying staff to communicate trends and assumptions. Assimilate information from collaborative input and provide recommendations for adjustments.
- Facilitate monthly/seasonal review of inventory policy and goals with Buying/Sourcing/Finance to develop corporate plans to support capacity plans.
- Develop and maintain weekly sku level demand signals (promotions, customer forecasts) for new, active, discontinued products by utilizing statistical forecasting models, incorporating customer-supplied data, market intelligence or applying other techniques to define best methods to forecast customer demand.
- Identify key opportunities and obstacles inherent to the forecasting process. Assist management in continuous improvement of the process.
- Support long range factory capacity planning processes by maintaining unit forecasts for 12-18 future months in software
- Responsible for End of Life sku planning- utilizing Life Cycle Planning and communication to liquidate and achieve set budget targets.
- Assists with customer interaction to provide business overviews and supply-sales opportunities
- Collaborate with Key Customers and Field Sales to gain outside market data
- Build and communicate via reporting on inventory stock position issues, initiative tracking, end of season, and additional reporting as necessary
- Strong mathematical skills combined with exceptional problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to communicate clearly (verbal and written), making the complex clear and the plan of action compelling to all levels of the organization
- Analytical thinking and a deep understand of the strengths and weaknesses of forecasting models is essential
- Experience with lean principles of manufacturing, purchasing, distribution, customer service, financial forecasting, marketing, trade promotion planning and new product planning is strongly preferred.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is required. A focused degree in Supply Chain Management or related field is preferred.
- Experience working in a consumer products industry is strongly preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a demand or supply planning or equivalent role is required.
- Extensive experience with multi-site, global distribution channels is strongly preferred.
- Experience with an ERP such as Oracle ERB or SAP, and/or advanced demand planning tools such as Logility is required.
- APICS and/or IBF certification is preferred.
- Mastery of Excel with the ability to create sophisticated, complex models
- In addition to Excel, must be experienced with Microsoft Office Suite including PowerPoint, and Word.
- Forecasting, database and reporting tools general purpose knowledge would be beneficial.
We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including: medical and dental, vision, disability and life insurance, 401K, PTO, tuition reimbursement, gear discounts and the ability to add value to an exciting mission!
Our Postings are not intended for distribution to or use in any jurisdiction, country or territory where such distribution or use would violate local law or would subject us to any regulations in another jurisdiction, country or territory. We reserve the right to limit our Postings in any jurisdiction, country or territory.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veteran/Disabled
At this time, Vista Outdoor is closely monitoring the developments on the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) COVID-19 workplace rule regarding COVID-19 vaccination or testing. You will not be asked any questions regarding these items during application. As it stands today, employers, including Vista Outdoor, are required to take steps to implement OSHA’s rules including mandatory weekly testing for individuals who are unvaccinated or proof of vaccination. Approved medical and religious exemptions are allowed and all data is treated confidentially. Proof of vaccination or weekly testing are not required for roles that are remote with no on-site work.
About Vista Outdoor
Vista Outdoor Inc. is a leading global designer, manufacturer and marketer of consumer products in the outdoor sports and recreation markets including Bushnell, Giro, CamelBak, Federal, Bell, Remington, and many more!
Vista employs over 5,000 employees worldwide and has diverse portfolio well-recognized brands that provide a range of performance-driven, high-quality and innovative products, including sporting ammunition, outdoor cooking accessories, ebikes, bike accessories and helmets, outdoor sports optics and golf rangefinders.
Our Purpose: To be known as a passionate outdoor company with the brands, products and culture that unite people around a shared love and responsibility for the outdoors.
Our Vision: To build powerhouse brands that empower people to achieve their goals and live their best outdoor lives.