Provides technical support to operations, engineering, environmental, security and Safety/Security Manager as directed. Participates in coordination of outside agency inspections (OSHA, Homeland Security, ATF, DOD, DOT, NFPA) including follow up to findings and acts as a resource to Lonoke Operation's Safety/Security efforts. Conducts audits, observations and documentation of site program readiness. Involvement in site Explosives Committee and Process Hazard Analysis committee. Position will be considered part of the site Fire Brigade and act as back up Incident Commander in emergency response situations for the Safety/Security Manager. Develops training courses and provides support to Lonoke operations with regards to safety/security.
- Coordinate activities involving safety, security and compliance audits, and documentation with follow up through completion for mitigation of hazards found.
- Coordinate security team officer functions and coverage. Performance of audits on security team as needed.
- Utilizes Behavior Based Safety (BBS) model to perform observations and corrections for safety, security and compliance reviews of operations. Will involve direct supervision as needed for correction of improper actions.
- Supports team in the absence of Safety/Security Manager in Emergency Response Incidents (coordination of safety, Fire Brigade and Security).
- Assist with handling work related injuries to ensure site policies and procedures are followed. This will include turning in paperwork/submitting claims to Worker's Compensation agency/insurance and coordination of outside medical care as required.
- Provide emergency first aid/CPR/triage care up to Basic Life Support level for employees when nurse is not at the plant (off shifts) and during site emergencies. Coordination of securing outside medical care for employees when required, including representing Remington at medical facilities.
- Assist in the development and performance of safety, security or compliance training for the site as needed. This will include Remington employees and contractors. Training subject matters include Basic Life Suport/BLS (medical care), fork lift/scissor lift/JLG operator, lead, hearing conservation, compressed air usage, LOTOT, machine guarding, fire safety and general safety awarenes.
- Drill with Fire Brigade during training activities and provide safety/security/medical assistance to assist Fire Brigade with site emergencies.
- Assist in Accident/Incident Investigations, and help with investigation documentation and placement into site incident systems.
- Performance of special projects (JSA development, new equipment inspections, industrial hygiene sampling/reviews, machine guarding, revising existing or generation of new safety, security or compliance policies) as required.
- Assists with site EHS Employee Committee as needed.
- BS degree in safety, health, emergency response or related field desired. Associates degree combined with experience or total years of experience and training may be considered in lieu of education.
- Manufacturing, fire protection, emergency response, security and leadership experience desired.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral. Ability to speak in front of groups.
- Effective Training skills.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and willingness to learn Microsoft Access.
- Knowledge of OSHA, DoD, NFPA and other safety standards for general industry.
- Must maintain Basic Life Support certification in First-aid & CPR.
- Willingness to work in hazardous environments to include direct work with explosives.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality in dealing with employee information.
- Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilites to perform the essential funtions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell.
- Considerable amount of walking will be involved.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including: medical and dental, vision, disability and life insurance, 401K, PTO, tuition reimbursement, gear discounts and the ability to add value to an exciting mission!
Our Postings are not intended for distribution to or use in any jurisdiction, country or territory where such distribution or use would violate local law or would subject us to any regulations in another jurisdiction, country or territory. We reserve the right to limit our Postings in any jurisdiction, country or territory.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veteran/Disabled
About Vista Outdoor
Vista Outdoor Inc. is a leading global designer, manufacturer and marketer of consumer products in the outdoor sports and recreation markets including Bushnell, Giro, CamelBak, Federal, Bell, Remington, and many more!
Vista employs over 5,000 employees worldwide and has diverse portfolio well-recognized brands that provide a range of performance-driven, high-quality and innovative products, including sporting ammunition, outdoor cooking accessories, ebikes, bike accessories and helmets, outdoor sports optics and golf rangefinders.
Our Purpose: To be known as a passionate outdoor company with the brands, products and culture that unite people around a shared love and responsibility for the outdoors.
Our Vision: To build powerhouse brands that empower people to achieve their goals and live their best outdoor lives.