Join us for Great Pay, Awesome Benefits & Career Growth:
• Second Shift Hours: Monday - Thursday (4pm - 2:30am), Mandatory Overtime on Fridays and Saturdays
• Starting at $15.00/HR; for all hours worked while assigned to 2nd shift, there is an additional $0.50/HR.
DAY ONE BENEFITS:
o Health insurance (Medical, Dental, and Vision)
o Life insurance
o Disability insurance
o HSA option
o Competitively Accruing PTO
o 401k with 6% MATCH
o Excellent Employee Discount
o Tuition reimbursement
- Picks sporting good items in (1) Manual Mode, (2) Semi-manual Mode, (3) Fully Automatic Mode for filling customer orders
- Pick or pull product utilizing work order instructions for assigned work zone/area to ensure the completeness and correctness of all orders filled
- Examine product to ensure that picking specifications are met
- Deliver picked product as specified on WCS (Warehouse Control System) instructions
- Manually pack, package, or wrap a variety of materials
- Receives packing order and determines that correct packing materials are available at packing station.
- They may inspect items for defects, label cartons, stamp information on products
- Keep records of items packed
- Places identification labels on full skid loads
- Stack packages on loading docks
- Maintain excellent safety record
- Performs daily operations and safety check of equipment
- Offload & load trailers safely
- Operate lift trucks and other material moving equipment to pull, lift, palletize, transport, and transfer merchandise to and from warehouse slots, pallets, conveyors, and staging areas
- Utilize SAP and RF systems to make appropriate & accurate BIN stock movements within the warehouse system
- At day’s end, returns equipment to correct charging station, and prepares equipment for daily charge
- Performs general warehouse material handling duties as assigned
- Interaction with SAP/WCS via a hand held RF (Radio Frequency device) or PDA (Personal Digital Assistant) equipment
- Uses simple hand tools such as retractable utility knife, to perform job duties
- Completes all required paperwork
- Assist in inventory and cycle counts.
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned, cross-trained for multiple positions in the Distribution Center.
- Observes all safety rules and regulations; exercises care and good judgement at all times to prevent accidents and injuries
- Report all incidents/accidents/injuries immediately to Human Resources Safety Specialist
- Follow 5S rules for workstation and other common areas in the facility
- Maintains safe and clean work environment with mindful thoughts and actions in housekeeping habits (i.e. picking-up paper, debris, etc in work area, aisles, and common employee areas as you move through the facility); Properly collect and disposes of waste following established guidelines
- Must be flexible with work schedule and task changes
- Be prepared to work overtime daily and Saturdays as needed
Company and Corporate Responsibilities
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures, rules and VISTA Code of Conduct
Education and Training
- One to three (1-3) years of warehouse experience preferred
- Forklift certified preferred
Skills and Abilities
While performing the duties of this job, Associates are required to:
- Regularly stand, sit, walk, climb stairs and work at heights from floor to 30 feet high
- Frequently lift and shift boxes weighing up to 50 lbs with a maximum of 65 lbs throughout a full shift of work
- Perform physical activities that require considerable use of arms, hands and legs. Moving of whole body to lift, reach, grasp, balance and stoop when handling warehouse materials for an extended period of time and or an entire work shift
- Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Speak clearly and actively listen
- Read, comprehend, and carryout all work instructions
- Write simple correspondence
- Ability to count
- Careful attention to detail
- Work effectively in a team environment
- Work autonomously and maintain productivity and quality standards
- Be reliable and have good work attendance history
- Possess a positive attitude with a work ethic of the highest degree
We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including: medical and dental, vision, disability and life insurance, 401K, PTO, tuition reimbursement, and the ability to add value to an exciting mission!
Our Postings are not intended for distribution to or use in any jurisdiction, country or territory where such distribution or use would violate local law or would subject us to any regulations in another jurisdiction, country or territory. We reserve the right to limit our Postings in any jurisdiction, country or territory.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veteran/Disabled
About Vista Outdoor
Vista Outdoor Inc. is a leading global designer, manufacturer and marketer of consumer products in the outdoor sports and recreation markets including Bushnell, Giro, CamelBak, Federal, Bell, Remington, and many more!
Vista employs over 5,000 employees worldwide and has diverse portfolio well-recognized brands that provide a range of performance-driven, high-quality and innovative products, including sporting ammunition, outdoor cooking accessories, ebikes, bike accessories and helmets, outdoor sports optics and golf rangefinders.
Our Purpose: To be known as a passionate outdoor company with the brands, products and culture that unite people around a shared love and responsibility for the outdoors.
Our Vision: To build powerhouse brands that empower people to achieve their goals and live their best outdoor lives.