Distribution Coordinator coordinates and keep records of all outgoing shipments. They prepare shipping documents and make sure that orders have been filled correctly. The Distribution Coordinator assists internal customers with non-routine inquiries concerning order status. This position works closely with the sales force to provide tools to service customers. They rely on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform functions of the job.
- Enters delivery/shipment data.
- Pulls-up product orders from SAP following data program procedures.
- Coordinate and determine orders processing thru automation. Starting the replenishment process.
- Route orders thru customer TMS systems
- Check status of processing using the Numina system
- Responsible for order processing to ensure we hit customer p/u dates and requirements.
- Releases orders.
- Follows-up on order status using SAP tools and communicates status to appropriate personnel.
- Responsible for all delivery status and correcting any abnormalities
- Maintains associated order records, files and documents.
- They also address and label packages, look up and compute freight or postal rates, and record the weight and cost of each shipment.
- Liaison between Customer Service and Warehouse.
- Maintains/clears daily the ready-to-ship report and research all outstanding orders to ensure report is kept current.
- Schedules carriers for pick up.
- Help Coordinate immediate shipments.
- Enters all non-manifested shipments into computer so as to accept them as shipped.
- Sorts and files shipped orders by division and ship date.
- Prepares bill of lading , and shipping documents to meet customer/custom standards
- Responsible for tracing and proof of delivery. File claims with Carriers.
- Monitors failed delivery reports.
- Assists Department Supervisor/Manager and other shipping coordinator as required.
- Basic Data Entry
- Data collection/research through Excel/SAP to problem solve/prevent problems
- Interrupt vendor route guides and communicate w/ appropriate personnel
- Route shipments using individual customer/vender guidelines
- Ownership of customer requirements to insure no financial lost of EBS through Charge backs and/or addition shipments.
- Customer Chargeback reconciliation/verification via creating/maintaining excel spreadsheets
- Any miscellaneous office functions that may need assistance (as directed by supervisor/manager.)
- Must work with little supervision
- Observes all safety rules and regulations; exercises care and good judgement at all times to prevent accidents and injuries
- Report all incidents/accidents/injuries immediately to Human Resources Safety Specialist
- Follow 5S rules for workstation and other common areas in the facility
- Maintains safe and clean work environment with mindful thoughts and actions in housekeeping habits (i.e. picking-up paper, debris, etc in work area, aisles, and common employee areas as you move through the facility); Properly collect and disposes of waste following established guidelines
Education and Training:
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Some college preferred.
- Minimum of 2+ years experience in a general office environment required.
- Good math skills.
- Strong proficiency with MS Office applications, primarily Word and Excel.
- SAP order entry/order processing experience desirable.
- Automation /Numina system experience desirable
- Prior experience with maintaining database integrity desirable.
- Experience & knowledge of “RF” Inventory systems a plus
- Previous 5S or Six Sigma background a plus
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent data entry skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Strong customer focus.
- Careful attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to establish and maintain productive and effective interactions with multiple departments.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and work independently within deadlines.
- Must maintain an organized work space
- Must be able to be trained quickly & retain critical systems info
- While performing the duties of this job Associates are required to:
- Regularly stand, sit, walk, climb stairs and work at heights from floor to 30 feet high
- Frequently lift and shift boxes weighing up to 50lbs with a maximum of 65lbs throughout a full shift of work
- Perform physical activities that require considerable use of arms, hands and legs. Moving of whole body to lift, reach, grasp, balance and stoop when handling warehouse materials for an extended period of time and/or an entire work shift
- Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Ability to:
- Speak clearly and actively listen
- Read, comprehend, and carryout all work instructions
- Write simple correspondence
- Ability to count
- Work effectively in a team environment
- Work autonomously and maintain productivity and quality standards
- Be reliable and have good work attendance history
Possess a positive attitude with a work ethic of the highest degree
We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including: medical and dental, vision, disability and life insurance, 401K, PTO, tuition reimbursement, and the ability to add value to an exciting mission!
Our Postings are not intended for distribution to or use in any jurisdiction, country or territory where such distribution or use would violate local law or would subject us to any regulations in another jurisdiction, country or territory. We reserve the right to limit our Postings in any jurisdiction, country or territory.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veteran/Disabled
About Vista Outdoor
Vista Outdoor Inc. is a leading global designer, manufacturer and marketer of consumer products in the outdoor sports and recreation markets including Bushnell, Giro, CamelBak, Federal, Bell, Remington, and many more!
Vista employs over 5,000 employees worldwide and has diverse portfolio well-recognized brands that provide a range of performance-driven, high-quality and innovative products, including sporting ammunition, outdoor cooking accessories, ebikes, bike accessories and helmets, outdoor sports optics and golf rangefinders.
Our Purpose: To be known as a passionate outdoor company with the brands, products and culture that unite people around a shared love and responsibility for the outdoors.
Our Vision: To build powerhouse brands that empower people to achieve their goals and live their best outdoor lives.