- Oversee the work and safety practices of DC Operations employees to meet Company needs; communicate department policies and procedures; train, coach, motivate, schedule work hours; provide input to employee evaluations, and support planning for future staffing and training needs
- Receives departmental work assignments from Supervisor.
- Assists in establishing and assigning work priorities within the department/area.
- Trains department work group in required safe and correct work procedures and performance expectations following work instructions and operating procedures.
- Inspects, coordinates and records work performed by the department/area.
- Assists in resolving on-the-job technical questions/ issues.
- Orders necessary supplies, tools, etc. for the department/area.
- Refers all job discipline and non-routine issues to the Department Supervisor.
- Maintains machinery/equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements and schedules.
- Operates and uses all equipment following standard work instructions and operating procedures.
- Attend line-lead meetings.
- Dock receives invoices to pick and pull orders then shrink wrap them, what product goes onto trucks and what merchandise to put to stock, return merchandise to stock, make adjustments and make movements into inventory on paperwork.
- Drives forklift to battery charger, places charge cables to battery, removes charge cables from battery on forklift.
- Maintain confidentiality of employee, discipline, production and related information.
- Provide ongoing communication liaison to employee and supervisor covering operations matters, policy and procedures.
- Advise Supervisor of quality, ongoing, or unusual problems.
- Serve as an example to other employees by consistently demonstrating work habits that model and contribute to teamwork, productivity, and efficiency
- Monitor daily operations to ensure effective execution of Company goals
- Ensure operations in compliance with OSHA
- Observes all safety rules and regulations; exercise care and good judgment at all times to prevent accidents and injuries
- Report all incident/accidents/injuries immediately to leadership; Assist with investigation and documentation of accident /incident reports.
- Follow 5S rules for workstation and other common areas in the facility
- Maintains safe and clean work environment; Properly collect and disposes of waste following established guidelines
- Must be flexible with work schedule and task changes. Performs other duties and tasks as assigned.
- Be prepared to work overtime daily and Saturdays as needed
Company and Corporate Responsibilities: Adheres to all company policies, procedures, rules and Company Code of Conduct
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to successfully lead others, including scheduling, training, and coaching
- Ability to operate RF (Radio Frequency) systems
- Ability to effectively relate with others, delegate work assignments and cooperate as a team member.
- Ability to organize and coordinate work efficiently, to set priorities, and to motivate others.
- Strong teamwork, problem-solving, leadership, as well as determination, loyalty, poise, and confidence.
- Must be able to load and unload trailers.
- Ability to put forth considerable mental and visual effort.
- While performing the duties of this job Associates are required to:
- Regularly stand, sit, walk, climb stairs and work at heights from floor to 30 feet high
- Frequently lift and shift boxes weighing an average of 25-50lbs with a maximum of 65lbs throughout a full shift of work
- Perform physical activities that require considerable use of arms, hands and legs. Moving of whole body to lift, reach, grasp,
- balance and stoop when handling warehouse materials for an extended period of time and/or an entire work shift
- Manual dexterity for operating equipment/machinery
- Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Ability to:
- Speak clearly and actively listen
- Read, comprehend, and carryout all work instructions
- Write simple correspondence
- Ability to count
- Careful attention to detail
- Work effectively in a team environment
- Work autonomously and maintain productivity and quality standards
- Be reliable and have good work attendance history
- Possess a positive attitude with a work ethic of the highest degree
- Cross-trained for multiple positions in the Distribution Center
Education and Training:
- High School diploma or GED required.
- 2 years’ experience in a distribution center/warehouse or equivalent environment
- Experience operating material handling equipment preferred
- Working knowledge of warehouse operations including inventory transactions, cycle counts and material movement.
- Proficient using MS Office applications as well as applications specific to field Knowledge with SAP programs and Word, etc
We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including: medical and dental, vision, disability and life insurance, 401K, PTO, tuition reimbursement, and the ability to add value to an exciting mission!
Our Postings are not intended for distribution to or use in any jurisdiction, country or territory where such distribution or use would violate local law or would subject us to any regulations in another jurisdiction, country or territory. We reserve the right to limit our Postings in any jurisdiction, country or territory.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veteran/Disabled
About Vista Outdoor
Vista Outdoor Inc. is a leading global designer, manufacturer and marketer of consumer products in the outdoor sports and recreation markets including Bushnell, Giro, CamelBak, Federal, Bell, Remington, and many more!
Vista employs over 5,000 employees worldwide and has diverse portfolio well-recognized brands that provide a range of performance-driven, high-quality and innovative products, including sporting ammunition, outdoor cooking accessories, ebikes, bike accessories and helmets, outdoor sports optics and golf rangefinders.
Our Purpose: To be known as a passionate outdoor company with the brands, products and culture that unite people around a shared love and responsibility for the outdoors.
Our Vision: To build powerhouse brands that empower people to achieve their goals and live their best outdoor lives.