Working for the Category Manager, the Associate Product Manager (APM) will assist in managing all respective segments of the category product line. The APM must become a category and retailer expert in multiple supporting areas related to the business unit.
Essential Job Functions:
- Be a part of the central hub for the product category and assist in coordinating activities between R&D/product development, creative services, sales, marketing, planning, finance and other functional departments of the company
- Support the Product Managers with internal and external communications as it pertains to specific projects
- Prepare and present materials and samples at multiple meetings throughout the year
- Arrange annual sample sets, catalogs, and relevant collateral materials, including product copy and specifications for sales reps and customer service representatives
- Lead photography and videography initiatives with scheduling, planning, and executing
- Assist with outside vendor communications and solve issues that may impact delivery
- Report potential problems, issues, and successes back to the Category Manager
- Assess specifications in the marketplace to ensure competitiveness and address gaps
- Work with the Creative Service and Marketing teams for both in store and online market product launch
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned by Category Manager
Education and Training:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management or related field experience
- 1-3 years experience in product management, development or brand management, focused on consumer goods product lines
- Excellent proficiency in MS Office application primarily Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Illustrator and Photoshop experience a plus
- Copywriting experience desired
- PLM knowledge preferred
- Excellent oral, written, presentation and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong teamwork skills with the ability to establish and maintain positive and effective working relationships
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Strong multi-tasking and project management skills with the ability to manage multiple, complex projects and work independently within deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Careful attention to detail and accuracy
- Self-confident, self-motivated, results-oriented and success driven
- Ability to work long/non-standard hours when necessary
- Potential for travel
We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including: medical and dental, vision, disability and life insurance, 401K, PTO, tuition reimbursement, gear discounts and the ability to add value to an exciting mission!
Our Postings are not intended for distribution to or use in any jurisdiction, country or territory where such distribution or use would violate local law or would subject us to any regulations in another jurisdiction, country or territory. We reserve the right to limit our Postings in any jurisdiction, country or territory.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veteran/Disabled
At this time, Vista Outdoor is closely monitoring the developments on the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) COVID-19 workplace rule regarding COVID-19 vaccination or testing. You will not be asked any questions regarding these items during application.
About Vista Outdoor
Vista Outdoor Inc. is a leading global designer, manufacturer and marketer of consumer products in the outdoor sports and recreation markets including Bushnell, Giro, CamelBak, Federal, Bell, Remington, and many more!
Vista employs over 5,000 employees worldwide and has diverse portfolio well-recognized brands that provide a range of performance-driven, high-quality and innovative products, including sporting ammunition, outdoor cooking accessories, ebikes, bike accessories and helmets, outdoor sports optics and golf rangefinders.
Our Purpose: To be known as a passionate outdoor company with the brands, products and culture that unite people around a shared love and responsibility for the outdoors.
Our Vision: To build powerhouse brands that empower people to achieve their goals and live their best outdoor lives.