International Trade Specialist
Responsibilities and Qualifications
Vista Outdoor is seeking an International Trade Specialist to add to our team in Kansas City, KC or Rantoul, IL.
The Import/Export Specialist is primarily responsible to oversee general Trade Compliance activities for this business Unit.
The International Trade Specialist will be responsible for supporting the enterprise by providing direction and guidance in managing the business unit transactions with all U.S. import laws and Export regulations.
- US HTS classification, GSP, FTA’s
- Schedule B, and ECCN classification, including determination of export licenses and other government agency requirements
- Work with internal customers to support and provide guidance on international trade compliance, respond to external broker/freight forwarder inquiries regarding HTS, valuation and duties verification, and import/export documentation
- Maintain and communicate international trade compliance procedures, to help employees understand and follow laws and regulations governing the importation and exportation of commodities.
- Responsible for USMCA qualification process
- Solicit buyers for certificates of origin and manufacturer affidavits to maintain current USMCA certificates
- Oversee calculations for preferential treatment under Free Trade Agreements and GSP, and maintain certifications on file
- Review with internal controls (procedures, work instructions, forms, checklists, and tools) to ensure currency and compliance.
- Assist in submitting applications for export licenses, and other requests for authorization. Manage government authorizations throughout their life cycle.
- Analyze transactions for which due diligence indicates potential risk and determine whether due diligence has been satisfied.
- Strong excel skills, including ability to research transactions and prepare different reports in the Enterprise Resource Planning system (ERP) and ACE Portal
- Manage duty drawback program, gathering the necessary records and coordinating activities with the service provider
- Identify, evaluate, recommend, and implement other duty mitigation opportunities and programs
- Other tasks and responsibilities as may be assigned or required to ensure an effective international trade compliance program
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Licensed Customs Broker
- 4+ years in import/export operations regulatory compliance
- Experience assigning classifications according to the HTSUS, global HS schedules, Schedule B, and ECCN, with specific experience classifying sporting goods, apparel
- Experience applying classification, country of origin, and trade preference knowledge to import / export shipments.
- Familiarity with maintaining trade master data in enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems and related databases.
- Experience in generating and analyzing reports from ERP systems and ACE Portal
- Experience with FTAs, Duty Drawback, Reconciliation
- Highly organized; ability to prioritize multiple tasks in an ambiguous, fast-paced environment.
- Familiarity with the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). Export Administration Regulations (EAR) including anti-boycott regulations, sanctions administered by the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), Customers Regulations (CR), and the Foreign Trade Regulations (FTR) (is preferred)
We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including: medical and dental, vision, disability and life insurance, 401K, PTO, tuition reimbursement, gear discounts and the ability to add value to an exciting mission!
Our Postings are not intended for distribution to or use in any jurisdiction, country or territory where such distribution or use would violate local law or would subject us to any regulations in another jurisdiction, country or territory. We reserve the right to limit our Postings in any jurisdiction, country or territory.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veteran/Disabled
At this time, Vista Outdoor is closely monitoring the developments on the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) COVID-19 workplace rule regarding COVID-19 vaccination or testing. You will not be asked any questions regarding these items during application.
About Vista Outdoor
Vista Outdoor Inc. is a leading global designer, manufacturer and marketer of consumer products in the outdoor sports and recreation markets including Bushnell, Giro, CamelBak, Federal, Bell, Remington, and many more!
Vista employs over 5,000 employees worldwide and has diverse portfolio well-recognized brands that provide a range of performance-driven, high-quality and innovative products, including sporting ammunition, outdoor cooking accessories, ebikes, bike accessories and helmets, outdoor sports optics and golf rangefinders.
Our Purpose: To be known as a passionate outdoor company with the brands, products and culture that unite people around a shared love and responsibility for the outdoors.
Our Vision: To build powerhouse brands that empower people to achieve their goals and live their best outdoor lives.