The Position: Operations Supervisor
Shift: Evenings. Tuesday - Friday: 4 days/10 hours (some flexibility on actual shift times allowed)
Our Manhattan, Montana facility is seeking a Operations Supervisor to add to our team. The Operations Supervisor is responsible for but not limited to: primarily responsible for the day to day activities required to maintain production flow, supervise and support production employees. The supervisor reports directly to the Sr. Supervisor or Manager of Production Support. The position handles various tasks for supervising production staff and coordinating daily workload requirements, maintaining accurate material count and product flow. This position is a direct supporter/contributor to the success of the Operations Manager and any/all delegated work is expected to positively promote the Blackhawk brand.
Responsibilities: Including but not limited to
- Communicate effectively and efficiently to Sr Supervisor and/or manager on day to day situations and processing of the department/company including employee related situations
- Effectively coordinate day to day production activities with coordinator team.
- Conduct required employee performance reviews
- Responsible for adherence to Quality Specifications for all products
- Effectively communicate all quality control guidelines to employees
- Ensure employee adherence to all company policies, procedures and SOP’s
- Ensure employees follow safety procedures and use of safety equipment
- Monitors weekly time clock activity.
- Implements and reviews employee training programs.
- Assists SR Supv or Manager with employee disciplinary actions.
- Coordinate all set ups of the assembly lines based upon shipping requirements
- Maintain a clean and organized production area.
- Must allow time studies and production processes videotaping.
- Additional duties assigned by SR Supv or Manager
- Participate in the selection of prospective employees to include interviewing and testing of candidates and appropriate feedback to management.
- Direct and supervise employees and adhere to all BLACKHAWK! policies including those regarding employee supervision. All reviews and disciplinary decisions are to be made utilizing input from Management and HR.
- Interact with all employees to ensure a high degree of teamwork, productivity and morale to include responding in a timely manner to employee needs, concerns and complaints with fairness to all.
- Training of new and current employees according to company ISO standards by utilizing training programs, orientations, meetings and job assignments to develop individual employee skills needed for expected productivity levels and possible advancement within the company.
- Responsible for selection, appraisal and salary recommendations of reporting subordinates.
- Directs and leads team to continually improve performance, bench strength and developmental needs. Provides appropriate feedback, coaching and mentoring to ensure high levels of success within the department.
- Effectively communicates plans, expectations, and other organizational activities to create employee understanding and commitment to direction and goals.
- Supervision, review and retention of Production personnel.
- Minimum of 3 years leadership experience in a manufacturing/production environment
- Strong team building and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated focus on a safe work environment
- Personal computer and data analysis skills
- Experience working with OTD and production prioritization or similar
- Knowledge of efficiency measurements and improvements; manufacturing operations and processes; and quality systems
- Demonstrated time management and multi-tasking skills
- Experience working in an interdepartmental role
- Competent knowledge of lean manufacturing processes.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience in employee involvement principles, business planning and budget planning, productivity and quality improvement methods
- Skills in Microsoft Office, AX experience preferred
- HS diploma or GED
We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including: medical and dental, vision, disability and life insurance, 401K, PTO, tuition reimbursement, gear discounts and the ability to add value to an exciting mission!
Our Postings are not intended for distribution to or use in any jurisdiction, country or territory where such distribution or use would violate local law or would subject us to any regulations in another jurisdiction, country or territory. We reserve the right to limit our Postings in any jurisdiction, country or territory.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veteran/Disabled
At this time, Vista Outdoor is closely monitoring the developments on the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) COVID-19 workplace rule regarding COVID-19 vaccination or testing. You will not be asked any questions regarding these items during application.
About Vista Outdoor
Vista Outdoor Inc. is a leading global designer, manufacturer and marketer of consumer products in the outdoor sports and recreation markets including Bushnell, Giro, CamelBak, Federal, Bell, Remington, and many more!
Vista employs over 5,000 employees worldwide and has diverse portfolio well-recognized brands that provide a range of performance-driven, high-quality and innovative products, including sporting ammunition, outdoor cooking accessories, ebikes, bike accessories and helmets, outdoor sports optics and golf rangefinders.
Our Purpose: To be known as a passionate outdoor company with the brands, products and culture that unite people around a shared love and responsibility for the outdoors.
Our Vision: To build powerhouse brands that empower people to achieve their goals and live their best outdoor lives.