- Perform daily Cycle Counts for active and reserve inventory locations; Audit and perform physical, active and reserve, inventory counts and SKU verification for various Warehouse departments on a regular and ad-hoc basis.
- Perform daily audits for Replenishment and Split-Case to meet shipping schedule and ensure accurate counts and carton contents for merchandise being shipped to stores by pulling and physically verifying carton contents according to WCS, and review and cross-check related electronic data.
- Assumes responsibility for all aspects of inventory maintenance; Maintain electronic data using WCS audit screens to validate and update inventory audit details including inputting, logging, transferring, adjusting, correcting and summarizing issues and problems involving errors, inventory locations, exceptions, damaged or mis-marked merchandise to document and/or facilitate reconciliation
- Adjusts/updates inventory records to reflect actual physical count
- Maintains communication with Purchasing Department regarding change of location, count, etc.
- Assists in locating items that may have incorrect locations or stock number
- Maintains stock item master list including stock numbers, locations, inventory counts or descriptions
- Provide back-up and peak load assistance including collecting, pricing adding and forwarding unidentified merchandise
- Operates and uses all equipment following standard work instructions and operating procedures. Operate electric or manual pallet jacks according to load, safety and other guidelines while performing audits, inventory counts, and removing and/or relocating damaged merchandise
- Must be able to operate Stand-up/Sit down forklifts safely
- Correctly locate, pull, package and address product in a timely, efficient and accurate manner
- Proficient at understanding and following instructions and stock locators
- Report all observable quality defects
Education and Training
- Should have computer knowledge dealing with SAP, Excel, Word, Outlook, Vista inventory control systems, WCS. Use “RF” (Radio Frequency Device) system
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- One to three (1-3) years in inventory control and general warehousing desirable. Previous experience in a distribution warehouse environment
- Knowledge of Action Sports Products (preferred)
Skills and Abilities
While performing the duties of this job Associates are required to:
- regularly stand, sit, walk, climb stairs and work at heights from floor to 30 feet high
- frequently lift and shift boxes weighing up to 50lbs with a maximum of 65lbs throughout a full shift of work
- Perform physical activities that require considerable use of arms, hands and legs. Moving of whole body to lift, reach, grasp, balance and stoop when handling warehouse materials for an extended period of time and/or an entire work shift
- Manual dexterity for operating equipment/machinery
- Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- handle multiple tasks with attention to detail and follow-through
speak clearly and actively listen
- read, comprehend, and carryout all work instructions
- write simple correspondence
- ability to count
- Work effectively in a team environment
- Work autonomously and maintain productivity and quality standards
- Be reliable and have good work attendance history
- Possess a positive attitude with a work ethic of the highest degree
- Observes all safety rules and regulations; exercise care and good judgment at all times to prevent accidents and injuries.
- Report all incident/accidents/injuries immediately to leadership
- Maintain work area to ensure safety, cleanliness, organization, and supply levels
- Follow 5S rules for workstation and other common areas in the facility
- Maintains safe and clean work environment; properly collects and disposes of waste following established guidelines
- Be prepared to work overtime as needed
- Must be flexible with work schedule and task changes.
Company and Corporate Responsibilities -
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures
We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including: medical and dental, vision, disability and life insurance, 401K, PTO, tuition reimbursement, gear discounts and the ability to add value to an exciting mission!
Our Postings are not intended for distribution to or use in any jurisdiction, country or territory where such distribution or use would violate local law or would subject us to any regulations in another jurisdiction, country or territory. We reserve the right to limit our Postings in any jurisdiction, country or territory.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veteran/Disabled
At this time, Vista Outdoor is closely monitoring the developments on the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) COVID-19 workplace rule regarding COVID-19 vaccination or testing. You will not be asked any questions regarding these items during application.
About Vista Outdoor
Vista Outdoor Inc. is a leading global designer, manufacturer and marketer of consumer products in the outdoor sports and recreation markets including Bushnell, Giro, CamelBak, Federal, Bell, Remington, and many more!
Vista employs over 5,000 employees worldwide and has diverse portfolio well-recognized brands that provide a range of performance-driven, high-quality and innovative products, including sporting ammunition, outdoor cooking accessories, ebikes, bike accessories and helmets, outdoor sports optics and golf rangefinders.
Our Purpose: To be known as a passionate outdoor company with the brands, products and culture that unite people around a shared love and responsibility for the outdoors.
Our Vision: To build powerhouse brands that empower people to achieve their goals and live their best outdoor lives.