CamelBak is a world leader in hydration products for the recreational and military markets, and its employees relentlessly innovate to help drive our users to hydrate and perform at their peak. You will work in a fast paced, collaborative and creative environment which routinely tackles the challenges issues confronted by our active user.
The Global Planning Manager will oversee CamelBak’s Demand and Supply Planning Team. Demand Planning works cross functionally with sales, product management, and finance to forecast demand by customer and create an aggregated demand signal to be used by the Supply Planning team to procure product and by the finance team to develop financial forecasts. The Supply Planning team coordinates with CamelBak’s product operations team, factory, and subcontract manufacturers to ensure raw material and finished goods availability worldwide.
In this role you will:
Have accountability for the following metrics:
- Demand forecast accuracy
- Inventory levels, inventory turns
- Customer on-time in full fill rates
- Supplier purchase order on-time shipments
- Customer satisfaction
- Oversee the Demand and Supply Planning teams, ensuring these departments work interdependently to forecast and procure product.
- Serve as the point-person for escalation of demand and supply related issues.
- Drive process efficiencies and reporting that supports the collaborative efforts of the supply and demand planning teams and increased responsiveness to opportunities and threats to KPI’s for fulfillment and inventory planning.
- Ensure timely updates of style/sku forecasts and continually work to refine tools necessary to increase accuracy of forecasts.
- Optimize supply chain on time delivery performance through collaboration with stakeholders to include suppliers, product operations, customer service, and sales.
- Assist in driving comprehensive, effective, and efficient utilization of IT solutions in support of improved planning processes.
Demand Planning Team Responsibilities:
- Assist in evaluating demand planning system options and functions that best supports CamelBak’s requirements.
- Ensure maintenance of global 12-month demand forecasts at the SKU (style-color-size) level for all of CamelBak’s product categories.
- Team with Product Management and Sales to effectively coordinate planning for both end-of-life and new product introduction.
- Measure, analyze, and drive root cause and improvement actions for forecast accuracy.
- Understand key drivers of inventory and seek to reduce overall inventory value while maintaining sufficient supply to support target fill rates.
- Maintain up-to-date product histories and statistics used for guidance in demand planning analyses.
Supply Planning Team Responsibilities:
- Maintain consolidated supply plans for current and future status of product supply for existing products, as well as for future launches.
- Execute supply plans that support on-time shipments to customers while minimizing excess inventory.
- Assist in developing inventory level targets and ensure that procurement is aligned to support achievement of those targets.
- Meet or exceed desired corporate inventory turn objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree Business, Economics, Engineering, or other related technical field is required. A focused degree in Supply Chain Management is a plus.
- An advanced (MBA) degree is highly preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a Supply Chain leadership role is required.
- A minimum of 3 years of people management experience is required.
- Extensive experience with multi-site, global distribution channels. Experience with SAP or Oracle ERP & Advanced Planning Systems is required with strong preference for Oracle ERB 12.1 or 12.2.
- APICS and/or IBF certification is desired.
- Deep background in consumer products planning within a multi-channel, international environment.
- Strong ability to communicate clearly to all levels of the organization - both written and verbal.
- Strategic and analytical thinker with a solid understanding of statistical and forecasting principles.
- Teamwork-oriented and ability to collaborate across all levels of the organization is required.
- A well-developed understanding of organizational interdependencies as they relate to demand and planning functions.
As indicated by responsibilities; ability to handle multiple priorities.
Computer terminal use 6-7 hours per day. Ability to lift 25 pounds unassisted. ( Add any other physical requirements)
Standard Office. Domestic and International travel to include weekends and for periods as long as two weeks at a time occasionally required.
We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including: medical and dental, vision, disability and life insurance, 401K, PTO, tuition reimbursement, gear discounts and the ability to add value to an exciting mission!
Our Postings are not intended for distribution to or use in any jurisdiction, country or territory where such distribution or use would violate local law or would subject us to any regulations in another jurisdiction, country or territory. We reserve the right to limit our Postings in any jurisdiction, country or territory.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veteran/Disabled
At this time, Vista Outdoor is closely monitoring the developments on the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) COVID-19 workplace rule regarding COVID-19 vaccination or testing. You will not be asked any questions regarding these items during application.
About Vista Outdoor
Vista Outdoor Inc. is a leading global designer, manufacturer and marketer of consumer products in the outdoor sports and recreation markets including Bushnell, Giro, CamelBak, Federal, Bell, Remington, and many more!
Vista employs over 5,000 employees worldwide and has diverse portfolio well-recognized brands that provide a range of performance-driven, high-quality and innovative products, including sporting ammunition, outdoor cooking accessories, ebikes, bike accessories and helmets, outdoor sports optics and golf rangefinders.
Our Purpose: To be known as a passionate outdoor company with the brands, products and culture that unite people around a shared love and responsibility for the outdoors.
Our Vision: To build powerhouse brands that empower people to achieve their goals and live their best outdoor lives.