The Key Account Specialist provides prompt and courteous support to our customers by answering requests concerning products, shipments and deliveries and placing orders for products. The Key Account Specialist addresses all customer inquiries with the highest degree of professionalism and product knowledge. This position is in an extremely, customer-focused area and requires a positive individual who provides our customers confidence in our products, people and processes.
- Answer customer inquiries by clarifying desired information, researching and providing information. Communicate with customers through a variety of means—by telephone; by e-mail, live chat, fax, and regular mail
- Order entry for any manual orders (those not received by B2B or EDI). Includes stocking orders, preseason orders, closeout orders, credits and RA’s. Expectation is entering “at once” orders (to be shipped ASAP) same day received and no later than next day if received after 3:00 p.m. CST. Goal is 100% accuracy in order entry. Expectation of entry of preseason/program orders is same day for ASAP portion and no more than 1 week for future ships.
- Work closely and communicate with the outside sales force and sales management as needed
- Perform daily office functions in the Customer Service office, including phone calls, filing, copying, faxing, correspondence, email etc.
- Answer questions regarding products, availability, pricing, shipping, preseason programs, and general sales policies
- Process orders for vendors and sales representatives. Fulfill customer requests for information, literature and other merchandise requests. Continually maintains a thorough knowledge of all company products, catalog contents, field sales personnel and any promotional items
- Report any problems with SAP which might prevent the entry or accuracy of orders immediately to the CS Manager and IT Help Desk for resolution. Assist with SAP testing and problem resolution as requested by the IT group or Management
- Investigate order errors and delays and shipping complications and work closely with DC to determine root cause and prevention
- Order maintenance which includes ZAFR report, Customer Service Blocks, cancelation dates and obsolete materials on a daily basis. Notify customers and reps of any orders that will not ship as promised. Take appropriate action as requested by customer and/or sales rep as it pertains to an order. Make any necessary changes to existing orders due to availability, distribution issues or other adjustments that may arise
- Work with the credit department as needed to get orders released in a timely manner, when applicable
- Strive for first call resolution of issues
- Travel as required
- Assist with B2B/EDI testing as required
- Assist with B2B/ EDI issues including reporting technical issues, training issues, customer assistance with site, etc.
- Assist in the Employee Purchase Program as needed
- Attends webinars and calls when needed to enhance training or product knowledge
- Assist Customer Service/Consumer Services Directors/Managers/Supervisors with special projects or as needed
- Perform other customer service related duties as directed
- Use resources appropriately to achieve daily tasks as associated with position
- Observes all safety rules and regulations; exercises care and good judgement at all times to prevent accidents and injuries
- Report all incidents/accidents/injuries immediately to Human Resources Safety Specialist
- Follow 5S rules for workstation and other common areas in the facility
- Maintains safe and clean work environment with mindful thoughts and actions in housekeeping habits (i.e. picking-up paper, debris, etc in work area, aisles, and common employee areas as you move through the facility); Properly collect and disposes of waste following established guidelines
- Must be flexible with work schedule and task changes
- Be prepared to work overtime daily and Saturdays as needed
Company and Corporate Responsibilities
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures, rules and VISTA Code of Conduct
Education and Training:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Associate degree in Business, Communications or related field desirable
- Minimum two years in customer service or call center experience required
- Computer literate, proficient in use of Microsoft Office products.
- SAP experience desirable
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent customer-relations skills
- Excellent Attendance
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills. Strong telephone and communication skills essential. Solid comprehension, listening and negotiating skills
- Ability to maintain a high level of energy with a sense of urgency
- Excellent intuitive, analytical and problem-solving skills and follow up skills
- Strong teamwork skills with the ability to establish and maintain positive and effective working relationships
- Able to multi-task. Strong time management skills essential
- Strong customer service focus
- Ability to execute tasks with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including: medical and dental, vision, disability and life insurance, 401K, PTO, tuition reimbursement, gear discounts and the ability to add value to an exciting mission!
Our Postings are not intended for distribution to or use in any jurisdiction, country or territory where such distribution or use would violate local law or would subject us to any regulations in another jurisdiction, country or territory. We reserve the right to limit our Postings in any jurisdiction, country or territory.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veteran/Disabled
At this time, Vista Outdoor is closely monitoring the developments on the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) COVID-19 workplace rule regarding COVID-19 vaccination or testing. You will not be asked any questions regarding these items during application.
About Vista Outdoor
Vista Outdoor Inc. is a leading global designer, manufacturer and marketer of consumer products in the outdoor sports and recreation markets including Bushnell, Giro, CamelBak, Federal, Bell, Remington, and many more!
Vista employs over 5,000 employees worldwide and has diverse portfolio well-recognized brands that provide a range of performance-driven, high-quality and innovative products, including sporting ammunition, outdoor cooking accessories, ebikes, bike accessories and helmets, outdoor sports optics and golf rangefinders.
Our Purpose: To be known as a passionate outdoor company with the brands, products and culture that unite people around a shared love and responsibility for the outdoors.
Our Vision: To build powerhouse brands that empower people to achieve their goals and live their best outdoor lives.