PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION
Responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production machinery equipment according to safety procedures, predictive and preventive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the site’s business goals and objectives.
(Fundamental duties necessary to achieve the objective of the position)
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation, listening for problems, and using precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Dismantles machines or equipment to gain access to defective parts and repairs them.
- Trouble shoot of PLC controls capable of diagnostic PLC controls.
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance servo motors, spindle motors, two and three phase motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines.
- Controls downtime by informing production leads and supervisors of upcoming routine preventive maintenance techniques.
- Prioritizes work orders and emergency repairs to ensure that safety and production needs are met.
- Work on all electrical repairs, including troubleshooting machine control circuitry.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production machinery and mechanical equipment.
- Installs and levels new machines or relocates existing machines.
- Installs electrical equipment and repairs or replaces wiring and fixtures.
- Measures, cuts and installs pipe and tubing for gas, water, air and electrical lines.
- Utilizes lift, forklift and scissor lift as needed to accomplish job duties.
- Places orders for parts, tooling, materials and supplies required for repairs and new fabrication throughout the plant. Picks up parts from outside vendors, expedites orders when necessary and verifies receipt.
- Performs welding duties for repair, fabrication and installation.
- Fabricates guards, shields, and other parts; using wood, metal or plastic.
- Performs other duties as assigned or needed and may be required to work overtime or off shifts.
ESSENTIAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS
(Experience, education, licenses, certifications, and general knowledge, skills and abilities)
- Must have valid California Driver’s License.
- Advanced mechanical aptitude with the ability to think analytically about interrelated systems.
- Good troubleshooting aptitude
- Possess good understanding of math skills including the use of addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions, decimals, averages and percentages.
- Excellent communication skills: both verbal and written.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills: exude a professional and positive attitude.
- High School Education or GED and five or more years of related experience.
- Completion of a craft apprenticeship or an equivalent number of years of education and production maintenance experience a plus.
- Ability to read precision measuring instruments including rules, calipers and micrometers.
- Ability to read and comprehend engineering drawings, diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufactures instructions, and specifications.
- Computer skills Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Possess good working knowledge of drill presses, hand tools, power hand tools, table saws, planers, sheet metal brake, etc.
- Ability to perform sheet metal work, i.e., fabricates, repair or remanufacture sheet metal parts.
- Ability to perform welding operations using gas, ARC, MIG, and TIG welding processes.
- Ability to troubleshoot and perform electrical repairs.
- Ability to fabricate various items using any of the tools previously mentioned.
SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS OF THE POSITION
(Knowledge, skills and abilities currently used to perform essential functions)
- Ability to demonstrate strong work ethics, professionalism, attendance and punctuality.
- Must communicate and cooperate effectively with all plant personnel
- Ability to prioritize and perform job duties with minimal supervision.
- Responds to emergency calls after the regularly scheduled shift ends or on weekends, when available.
- Must be committed to a high standard of safety and be willing and able to comply with company safety policies and rules. Must be willing to report safety violations and potential safety violations to appropriate leadership.
- Possess good organizational skills and able to multi-task.
- Able to perform well under pressure.
- Ability to work both independently and as a team.
- Work initiation and strict attention to detail. Flexibility to handle multiple concurrent tasks and frequent interruptions. Ability to be creative and innovative on coming up with solutions to resolve problems efficiently and effectively.
- Regularly lifts up to 40 pounds during shift.
- Stands/walks majority of shift.
- Work requires occasional to frequent awkward positions to maintain equipment.
- Frequent pushing, lifting, crouching, bending, kneeling, shoveling, occasional work in cramped conditions.
JOB SAFETY ANALYSIS & CODE of SAFE PRACTICES for EQUIPMENT OPERATED:
- Hand Tools
- Welding Equipment
- Oxy/Acetylene Torches
- Compressed Air
- Hazard Communication
- Fire Prevention & Emergency Action Plan
- Injury & Illness Prevention Program
- Back Safety & Hand Safety
- Material Handling equipment & Forklift Safety
- Plant-wide & Departmental Safety Rules
- Lockout/Tagout Authorized
- Hearing Conservation
- Vista Code of Conduct and Harassment Prevention
- Forklift Trainer certified (must complete training and pass test).
- Frequently exposed to moderate noise. The noise level in the work environment varies according to location. Ear protection must be worn in designated hearing protection areas.
- Work outdoors occasionally.
- Frequently exposed to oils, solvents, and other chemicals.
- Gloves and welding helmet required during welding operations.
- Safety glasses required.
- Hearing protection required in designated hearing protection areas.
Nothing in this job description restricts leadership’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
This job description reflects leadership's assignment of job functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Employee performs other duties as assigned or needed. Employee may be required to work any shift, as production requires.
We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including: medical and dental, vision, disability and life insurance, 401K, PTO, tuition reimbursement, gear discounts and the ability to add value to an exciting mission!
Our Postings are not intended for distribution to or use in any jurisdiction, country or territory where such distribution or use would violate local law or would subject us to any regulations in another jurisdiction, country or territory. We reserve the right to limit our Postings in any jurisdiction, country or territory.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veteran/Disabled
At this time, Vista Outdoor is closely monitoring the developments on the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) COVID-19 workplace rule regarding COVID-19 vaccination or testing. You will not be asked any questions regarding these items during application.
About Vista Outdoor
Vista Outdoor Inc. is a leading global designer, manufacturer and marketer of consumer products in the outdoor sports and recreation markets including Bushnell, Giro, CamelBak, Federal, Bell, Remington, and many more!
Vista employs over 5,000 employees worldwide and has diverse portfolio well-recognized brands that provide a range of performance-driven, high-quality and innovative products, including sporting ammunition, outdoor cooking accessories, ebikes, bike accessories and helmets, outdoor sports optics and golf rangefinders.
Our Purpose: To be known as a passionate outdoor company with the brands, products and culture that unite people around a shared love and responsibility for the outdoors.
Our Vision: To build powerhouse brands that empower people to achieve their goals and live their best outdoor lives.