Complete responsibility for overall success of the area from the perspective of all key stakeholders (Shareholders, Customers, Employees). Coach the AMG team in systems that define success. Develop the team’s overall capability to meet each of their responsibilities (i.e. develop supervisor, manufacturing engineer, and quality engineer). Align team with the larger corporation. Ensure that all support groups are doing everything necessary to ensure AMG success. Escalate issues that are beyond their own control. Give upper leadership a transparent and honest vision of the performance of the AMG. Manage 3-6 direct reports to include engineers and supervisor.
Principal Duties and Accountabilities (*Essential Functions)
- Communicates business objectives and provides direct and indirect leadership in his/her assigned manufacturing unit, coordinating the activities of his/her employees, equipment, and the overall unit, to ensure conformance to plant/area specific safety practices, quality standards, and to meet required production schedules.
- Through a participative management style, promotes a team-oriented work environment based upon open two-way communication, cooperation, mutual respect and trust. Effectively manages employee relations within the business unit and is responsible for development and team members performance evaluations.
- Identifies, evaluates, and develops recommendations for the continuous improvement of safety, product/process quality, productivity, manufacturing costs, and schedule performance through application of lean manufacturing principles.
- Analyzes production performance. With the assistance of the AMG team members, identifies capacity and other issues. Assists in defining appropriate short-term corrective actions. Responsible for understanding the root cause of more long-term issues and ensures the implementation of the appropriate corrective action (s) to prevent future occurrence.
- Identifies training requirements for his/her employees and area of responsibilities, securing the necessary resources and tools for developing employees’ skills to ensure competency in their assigned jobs.
- Interfaces daily with personnel from cross functional support groups, to identify problems and to implement gap closure plans.
- Foster a healthy, energized, and positive work environment through timely response and follow up to employee questions, improvement suggestion (Kaizens) and personal concerns.
- Holds team members accountable to standards, establish and administer win/lose criteria, develop and improve systems of productive maintenance, maintain process and machine documentation, conduct machine related fault analysis, updates letter of instruction and other change management processes.
- Instill pride and precision through quality products by assuring through measurement systems analysis, measuring and designing process improvement, maintaining quality documentation, ensuring new and existing processes meet SPC requirements, overall improve quality systems effectiveness and efficiency
NOTE: This list presents only the principal duties of the position and is not intended to be comprehensive. Other duties and
responsibilities may be assigned as dictated by the business needs and conditions. As an essential function of the job, good
attendance is required.
- A Bachelor’s degree from a College or University (Technical or Engineering field) preferred; and/or four years of supervisory experience in a machine-oriented manufacturing environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have strong mechanical aptitude.
- Must possess a solid understanding of safe work habits, manufacturing processes, inventory control, and quality control methods.
- Previous experience with SAP and an automated time and attendance system preferred.
- Thorough knowledge and demonstrated use of Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to work in a team environment and interact with other departments of the area and with other divisions/departments of the Company.
- Strong interpersonal and teambuilding skills.
- Ability to manage multiple and conflicting priorities.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret the appropriate production reports and operations performance documents required to deliver daily performance requirements and continuous improvement activities.
- Ability to define problems, collect and analyze data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and make recommendations to management.
- Accepts accountability for own performance and performance of direct team members as it relates to all pertinent business requirements and activities.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions for this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and/or explosive materials.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to vibration.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee is regularly required to use hands to touch or feel.
- The employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
- The employee is frequently required to walk, sit and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- The employee must occasionally push/pull a loaded production buggy weighing up to 600 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance, color, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including: medical and dental, vision, disability and life insurance, 401K, PTO, tuition reimbursement, gear discounts and the ability to add value to an exciting mission!
Our Postings are not intended for distribution to or use in any jurisdiction, country or territory where such distribution or use would violate local law or would subject us to any regulations in another jurisdiction, country or territory. We reserve the right to limit our Postings in any jurisdiction, country or territory.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veteran/Disabled
At this time, Vista Outdoor is closely monitoring the developments on the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) COVID-19 workplace rule regarding COVID-19 vaccination or testing. You will not be asked any questions regarding these items during application.
About Vista Outdoor
Vista Outdoor Inc. is a leading global designer, manufacturer and marketer of consumer products in the outdoor sports and recreation markets including Bushnell, Giro, CamelBak, Federal, Bell, Remington, and many more!
Vista employs over 5,000 employees worldwide and has diverse portfolio well-recognized brands that provide a range of performance-driven, high-quality and innovative products, including sporting ammunition, outdoor cooking accessories, ebikes, bike accessories and helmets, outdoor sports optics and golf rangefinders.
Our Purpose: To be known as a passionate outdoor company with the brands, products and culture that unite people around a shared love and responsibility for the outdoors.
Our Vision: To build powerhouse brands that empower people to achieve their goals and live their best outdoor lives.