At Federal® our employees not only receive Great Pay in a Patriotic, Honest, Hardworking environment, we offer Benefits Day 1, Alternating Work Week Schedules (3 days off / 4 days off) and an awesome Employee Purchase Program across ALL our brands (CamelBak, Bushnell, Federal, Remington, Blackhawk, Camp Chef and many more)! We build the industry's widest variety of ammunition and offer leading products for every facet of the shooting sports. As such, this role is critical in contributing to our success. Join our team today!
Every product that bears the Federal Premium name starts with a vision to redefine what’s possible. Our many exclusive technologies turn that goal into reality with the support of the industry’s best components, most skilled craftspeople, and the tightest quality standards. Build your long term career as part of the Premium Difference starting as a Mechanical Adjuster/Operator in our Anoka, MN location.
Mechanical Adjuster/Operators are responsible for adjusting, operating and repairing production machinery in the manufacture of ammunition. This includes operation of machinery as well as maintenance, repair, and adjustment of machinery, set-ups, and changeover procedures. Job duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Monitor the quality of the operation's output on a regular basis; make adjustments necessary to keep the operation and product within specification.
- Perform preventive maintenance and basic maintenance activities to the point where maintenance cannot be accomplished effectively and efficiently without the assistance of the Maintenance Mechanic.
- During major repairs, overhauls, and set-ups, work with the maintenance mechanics and other trade specialists to assist and learn the more complicated mechanical processes.
- Maintain a productivity level that ensures on-time delivery of the product to internal or external customers.
- Participate actively in the Natural Work Team process in the department.
- Monitor work area to ensure that all safety precautions are being taken; make sure area is kept neat and orderly; follow all established safety rules and procedures and report all safety hazards/issues or potential safety problems to supervisor immediately.
Potential openings on the following full-time shift:
- Q Shift : 7pm-7am, Fri, Sat, Sun and every other Thurs
- The first 6-12 weeks will be on another shift.
Start at $20.90/hr plus $1.60/hour shift differential with the first 90 day increase to $23.83 and additional increases every 90 days based on performance, up to $30.39.
Education and Experience Requirements
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1+ years of on-the-job experience, with manufacturing experience preferred or equivalent technical degree
- Mechanical ability
- Qualified candidates must be at least 18 years old; able to pass a background check and pre-employment physical & drug screen
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Standing and moving about for 90% of the time.
- Reaching, handling and fingering to fill hoppers, add material and make adjustments/repairs.
- Frequent lifting, moving, pushing and pulling objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Near vision for making fine adjustments and detecting quality defects and far vision for operations of fork lift or other mobile equipment.
- Must have normal color vision and normal depth perception capability.
- Climbing (ladders to fill hoppers), stooping, bending and kneeling (making adjustments, checking quality, etc.).
- High attentiveness for safety and detection of problems.
- Reading and math comprehension to understand and interpret quality information (SPC, charts, graphs, etc.), and to complete production reporting.
- Interpersonal communication skills to problem-solve and to function effectively as part of a work team.
- Flexibility to move between jobs and to handle many tasks simultaneously.
We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including: medical and dental, vision, disability and life insurance, 401K, PTO, tuition reimbursement, gear discounts and the ability to add value to an exciting mission!
Our Postings are not intended for distribution to or use in any jurisdiction, country or territory where such distribution or use would violate local law or would subject us to any regulations in another jurisdiction, country or territory. We reserve the right to limit our Postings in any jurisdiction, country or territory.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veteran/Disabled
At this time, Vista Outdoor is closely monitoring the developments on the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) COVID-19 workplace rule regarding COVID-19 vaccination or testing. You will not be asked any questions regarding these items during application.
About Vista Outdoor
Vista Outdoor Inc. is a leading global designer, manufacturer and marketer of consumer products in the outdoor sports and recreation markets including Bushnell, Giro, CamelBak, Federal, Bell, Remington, and many more!
Vista employs over 5,000 employees worldwide and has diverse portfolio well-recognized brands that provide a range of performance-driven, high-quality and innovative products, including sporting ammunition, outdoor cooking accessories, ebikes, bike accessories and helmets, outdoor sports optics and golf rangefinders.
Our Purpose: To be known as a passionate outdoor company with the brands, products and culture that unite people around a shared love and responsibility for the outdoors.
Our Vision: To build powerhouse brands that empower people to achieve their goals and live their best outdoor lives.