The Product Manager will be responsible for driving direction of the assigned brand products and monitoring trends that indicate the need for new products. This role is ultimately responsible for line management, long range planning, communicating the product direction to the sales force, completing market research, tracking sales trends, and coordinating with product development and operations. The position is a central hub for the category, between R&D, sales, operations, and other functional groups.
- Develop product lines with a specific focus on product margin, spending, and bottom-line profitability while still representing value to the consumer.
- Conduct well-prepared, educational, interesting presentations for sales meetings, road shows, and other events with internal and external customers. Support product line launches at line reviews
- Create and analyze top-level forecasting documents with Operations team. Must be prepared to communicate philosophy for forecast trends.
- Maintain competitive analysis of all responsible categories to help educate others on the competitive landscape and support line direction.
- Be the hub of communication between Brand, Product Creation, Sales and Operations on all product line issues. Proactively communicate all pertinent information to each functional department so educated decisions are made
- Apply multiple approaches to develop, lead and execute marketing initiatives to achieve business objectives and maintain a competitive advantage.
- Determine product direction with an awareness of market trends. Must have a great sense of what trends to capitalize on as well as recognize opportunities to set new trends and identify adjacent product opportunities.
- Maintain competitive analysis of all responsible categories and 3 year line plan. Work with Developer to establish line plan, support line direction, and SKU rationalization.
- Create business cases for incremental product opportunities, SMUs, and cannibalization of existing products.
- Responsible for products in each category to be accurately reflected in PLM (Product Line Management software database) from Buy Ready through the life of the product.
- Work closely with external marketing partners and cross functional teams on the commercialization of products.
Education and Training:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing or Communications or an equivalent combination of education, training and related experience required.
- Minimum three to five (3-5) years experience in developing and managing product marketing initiatives required. This role will place a heavy emphasis on driving concepts, team building, and excellent execution.
- Knowledge and passion for cycling.
- Working knowledge of marketing practices and principles desirable.
- Strong proficiency with MS Office applications, primarily Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience in bringing “product to market”.
- Strong customer service focus and customer relations skills.
- Excellent time management and task prioritization skills.
- Solid knowledge of finance, product margin and managing profitability of a line.
- Outstanding project management skills with the ability to plan and coordinate work flow.
- Ability to maintain a high level of energy, enthusiasm and resiliency.
- Easily adapts to changing/evolving priorities and strategies with the ability to maintain a high level of flexibility.
- Solid comprehension and listening skills.
- Strong analytical, decision-making and problem solving skills.
- Ability to rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Ability to manage multiple assignments and work independently within deadlines.
- Strong teamwork skills with the ability to establish and maintain positive collaborative and effective working relationships both internally and externally.
- Ability to employ diplomacy and tact in all situations.
- Ability to self-motivate and self-manage.
- Possesses a wide degree of creativity and ability to evaluate design and color.
- Careful attention to detail and accuracy.
We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including: medical and dental, vision, disability and life insurance, 401K, PTO, tuition reimbursement, gear discounts and the ability to add value to an exciting mission!
Our Postings are not intended for distribution to or use in any jurisdiction, country or territory where such distribution or use would violate local law or would subject us to any regulations in another jurisdiction, country or territory. We reserve the right to limit our Postings in any jurisdiction, country or territory.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veteran/Disabled
At this time, Vista Outdoor is closely monitoring the developments on the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) COVID-19 workplace rule regarding COVID-19 vaccination or testing. You will not be asked any questions regarding these items during application.
About Vista Outdoor
Vista Outdoor Inc. is a leading global designer, manufacturer and marketer of consumer products in the outdoor sports and recreation markets including Bushnell, Giro, CamelBak, Federal, Bell, Remington, and many more!
Vista employs over 5,000 employees worldwide and has diverse portfolio well-recognized brands that provide a range of performance-driven, high-quality and innovative products, including sporting ammunition, outdoor cooking accessories, ebikes, bike accessories and helmets, outdoor sports optics and golf rangefinders.
Our Purpose: To be known as a passionate outdoor company with the brands, products and culture that unite people around a shared love and responsibility for the outdoors.
Our Vision: To build powerhouse brands that empower people to achieve their goals and live their best outdoor lives.