The Production Supervisor for our Lonoke, AR location provides direct, daily leadership to hourly employees in his/her assigned manufacturing area, focusing on core operational values of safety, quality, cost management, and conformance to production schedules to satisfy customer requirements. Fosters a team-oriented work environment founded in open two-way communication, employee participation, and with a goal of never-ending continuous improvement in support of operational objectives.
- Provide daily leadership in his/her assigned area, coordinating the activities of his/her employees, equipment, and the department to ensure conformance to plant/specific area safety practices, quality standards, and to meet required production schedules. Responsible for accurately maintaining employee time and attendance records in TimeCentre.
- Through a participative style, promotes a work team-oriented environment based upon open two-way communication, cooperation, mutual respect and mutual trust.
- Identifies, evaluates, and develops recommendations for the continuous improvement of safety, product/process quality, productivity, manufacturing costs and schedule performance.
- Analyzes production performance, identifying capacity and other issues for improving the performance of the operation. Takes initiative to incorporate the appropriate short-term corrective actions where applicable, assists in understanding the root causes of more long-term issues and actively drives the implementation of the appropriate corrective action(s) to prevent future occurrence.
- Identifies, provides and documents the training requirements for his/her employees, securing the necessary resources and tools for developing employees’ skills to ensure competency in their assigned jobs.
- Interfaces daily with personnel from a variety of manufacturing support groups such as maintenance, warehouse, engineering, production planning, quality and purchasing, providing critical information and feedback regarding the necessary day-to-day business activities improvement opportunities.
- Interfaces and works with individuals at all organizational levels to achieve company, plant, area and departmental division objectives.
- Responsible for the timely and appropriate response to employee questions, improvement suggestions, and concerns.
- Provide timely and accurate Performance Evaluations to team members.
- Performs accident investigations, STOP observations, safety audits, and may be requested to perform explosives audits.
- Required to communicate essential daily departmental activities to supervisor responsible for the next shift, ensuring smooth operation of the area.
- Responsible for the accuracy of the inventory, working with the cycle counters to understand discrepancies, discover the root cause for the discrepancy, and take appropriate corrective action to prevent future occurrence.
- Must be able to work any shift.
- A Bachelor’s degree from a College or University (Technical or Engineering field preferred, but not required); and four years of supervisory experience in a machine-oriented manufacturing environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have strong mechanical aptitude.
- Must possess a solid understanding of safe work habits, manufacturing processes, inventory control, and quality control methods.
- Previous experience with SAP and an automated time and attendance system preferred.
- Thorough knowledge and demonstrated use of Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to work in a team environment and interact with other departments of the area and with other divisions/departments of the Company.
- Strong interpersonal and teambuilding skills.
- Ability to manage multiple and conflicting priorities.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret the appropriate production reports and operations performance documents required to deliver daily performance requirements and continuous improvement activities.
- Ability to define problems, collect and analyze data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and make recommendations to management.
- Accepts accountability for own performance and performance of direct team members as it relates to all pertinent business requirements and activities.
We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including: medical and dental, vision, disability and life insurance, 401K, PTO, tuition reimbursement, gear discounts and the ability to add value to an exciting mission!
Our Postings are not intended for distribution to or use in any jurisdiction, country or territory where such distribution or use would violate local law or would subject us to any regulations in another jurisdiction, country or territory. We reserve the right to limit our Postings in any jurisdiction, country or territory.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veteran/Disabled
At this time, Vista Outdoor is closely monitoring the developments on the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) COVID-19 workplace rule regarding COVID-19 vaccination or testing. You will not be asked any questions regarding these items during application.
About Vista Outdoor
Vista Outdoor Inc. is a leading global designer, manufacturer and marketer of consumer products in the outdoor sports and recreation markets including Bushnell, Giro, CamelBak, Federal, Bell, Remington, and many more!
Vista employs over 5,000 employees worldwide and has diverse portfolio well-recognized brands that provide a range of performance-driven, high-quality and innovative products, including sporting ammunition, outdoor cooking accessories, ebikes, bike accessories and helmets, outdoor sports optics and golf rangefinders.
Our Purpose: To be known as a passionate outdoor company with the brands, products and culture that unite people around a shared love and responsibility for the outdoors.
Our Vision: To build powerhouse brands that empower people to achieve their goals and live their best outdoor lives.